February 12, 2016

5 PHOTO BACKDROP IDEAS ON THE CHEAP

5 PHOTO BACKDROP IDEAS ON THE CHEAP
Cheap photo backdrops are my type of backdrops. You know, something that cost me little to nothing, ha! ;) I also really like backdrops that don't take up a lot of space and that are easy to store. For the most part I take photos every day and in most of those photos I'm wanting to use different backdrops. Backdrops that are clean and simple, backdrops that are textured, backdrops that are colored, and everything else in between. Out of all the different types of backdrops I've used foam care boards are my bread and butter.

FOAM CORE BOARDS 
Foam core boards are so perfect and versatile. You can buy foam core boards in multiple colors and they are cheap. I use a handful of different foam core boards and I easily store them under our couch. We have black, blue, tan, and a couple of different white ones. The great thing about foam core is that you can change them up too. I year or so ago I created a polka dot backdrop using foam core board. It was so easy and added something fun to my backdrops.
5 PHOTO BACKDROP IDEAS ON THE CHEAP

EVERYDAY ITEMS 
Guys, I kind of love this one. I use everyday items as photo backdrops all the time. Cutting boards, serving trays, planners, stationery, books, vinyl, the list goes on and on. Everyday items are perfect because they are personal and often times they add depth and texture. Take a look around and see if there is anything that may work as a photo backdrop. You never know, something may surprise you.
5 PHOTO BACKDROP IDEAS ON THE CHEAP

MARBLE ADHESIVE 
Marble adhesive is my new best friend. But what's great about adhesives is that there are more then just marble. There are different color of marble adhesive, there is wood textured adhesive... it's great and it's cheap. Hop on over to amazon and search for marble adhesive. There are tons to choose from. What I love about these adhesives is that I can attach them to my foam core boards and I don't have to store any extra items. The adhesive is classy, clean, simple, and adds texture.
5 PHOTO BACKDROP IDEAS ON THE CHEAP

FABRIC 
Fabric is one of my favorite backdrop ideas that I don't use as often as I used to. These days I often use blankets or scarves. Prior to moving I used to use scrap fabric all the time, hopefully I can get my hands on some more scrap fabric. ;)  Fabric backdrops add color, texture, and give interest to your photos. If you're in need of a clean solid background hang a white or colored sheet. Large backdrops like sheets are perfect for style or beauty post and give you a large canvas to work with.
5 PHOTO BACKDROP IDEAS ON THE CHEAP

WOOD SURFACES 
Our repurposed wood table used to be one of my favorite backdrop surfaces to shoot on. The wood was rich, rustic, and full of texture. These days I use one of our wood counter tops or our hardwood floors. Wood surfaces are perfect for adding variety to your photos and can add a nice rustic feel as well. Don't be worried if you don't have any wood photo backdrops because you can make one! I'm hoping to make one this summer. Check out this one, this one, or this one, if you're ready to make yours. :)
5 PHOTO BACKDROP IDEAS ON THE CHEAP
I've had so much fun chatting photo backdrops with you guys. I'm missing some of my old backdrops now and I'm looking forward to making a few new ones once the weather starts to warm up. What are some of your favorite photo backdrops? Do you have any plans to make some of your own photo backdrops? If so, let me know, I might want to make it too. xoxo. Samantha

No comments:

Post a Comment

**I love reading all your sweet comments and love getting to know every single one of you. I do my best to respond to every comment and will do so via email. If you don't receive a response, you may be a no-reply blogger.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...