October 4, 2015

WHAT'S YOUR HOME STYLE?

Hi friends, I'm popping in really quick to chat about Apartment Therapy's new book Complete + Happy Home. Let's just dive right in. I was a little disappointed. I had rather high hopes for this book, especially sine ABM's Happy Handmade Home was so inspiring. At first glace, through the first through chapters it's full of great stuff; which plants are best for indoor spaces, different house styles, (which I thought was super fun) moving tips, and furniture layout.
My favorite part was determining your own personal home design style. It was really fun to skim through the different design aesthetics. Apartment Therapy outlined eight different design styles; eclectic collector, happy modern, classic glam, warm industrial, new traditional , simple chic, organic modern, and contemporary cottage. And can you guess which design aesthetics I was most drawn too? Yep, contemporary cottage, with a touch of warm industrial.
So, that was the good stuff and the only thing I really liked, ha! The rest of the book was full of amazing photos, but everything felt so un-lived in. And I didn't feel like they offered any real practical tips. Each home was beautifully styled and quite amazing, but the homes didn't feel like homes of regular people, living on a budget and trying to be creative with what they have.  Have you been through the new Apartment Therapy book? What are your thoughts?

*I received this book from Blogging for Books for a review, all opinions are my own.*

No comments:

Post a Comment

**I love reading all your sweet comments and love getting to know every single one of you. I do my best to respond to every comment and will do so via email. If you don't receive a response, you may be a no-reply blogger.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...