September 28, 2015

SEPTEMBER FAVORITES : HERE AND THERE

Hello dear friends! I decided to it would be fun to share some favorites from this month. Favorite posts from here on Elah Tree and favorite posts from around the web!

5 WAYS TO SHOOT WITH THE 50MM
I had so much fun going through all of my archived photo shoots to share with you 5 ways to shoot with the 50mm lens. You can do so much with this lens and we have experience so many different life adventures with the 50mm capturing all of our memories. My favorite thing by far is shooting portraits with the 50mm.

IMPROMPTU PHOTO SHOOT WITH A DEER
Over the summer during one of our style shoots a little deer pocked her head out and we were able to have an impromptu photo shoot with a deer. It was so dreamy and so fun to snap away at something so beautiful.
PHOTOGRAPHY ON THE GO: TIPS AND TRICKS
We do a lot of photography on the go. And to be honest I have had to warm up to it. But it is such a great experience to practice photography in all types of circumstances.

9 TIPS FOR A GREAT PHOTOGRAPHY HIKE
We brought photography and hiking together friends. This post and these types of experiences are my favorite, by far. There are lots of things to consider in a photography hike and in this post I covered 9 great tips to get you started.
CRUISING STOCKHOLM'S ARCHIPELAGO
Friends, Katie takes the most amazing photos, I love how bright and beautiful they are. She tells such great stories in her photos taking you on all her adventures, and for this particular adventure she takes us on a cruise to UTO Island.

EMMA'S EMPTY HOME TOUR
I love home tours, I love seeing before and afters, and I love seeing new life brought into old spaces. I was so excited when Emma shared her empty house tour. I love hearing all of her plans and I can't wait to see it come together.
LIVE FREE LIVE BRAVE
Beth shared some really sweet and encouraging words. One's that I have wrestled with before and it's always refreshing to hear words of truth when the internet and world are so loud. Words that husher in the beauty of slowness. Words that husher in a need to simple be in the presence of Jesus. Nothing else matters, but Jesus.

TAKE YOURSELF OUT OF THE RUNNING
Alright friends, make sure to read this post, because I believe it can hit home for all of us. It sure hit home for me. I love reading Jess Connolly's words, because I believe she opens herself up to being used by Jesus, she opens her self up to be His vessel. I love these words she shares,

"And now, I'm taking myself out of the running.
I am throwing my hands in the air and telling the Lord, the world, myself, 

and the enemy of my soul - I am crucified in Christ. 
It is not longer I that live, but Christ in me.
I am exactly where I'm supposed to be.
The goal of my life is not to be the best anything,
but to worship the only One who is the best.
I do not have time to be in the running for anything
other than the race God has called me to."


So, if you've ever struggled with comparing yourself or living up to whatever the world has told you to be, then hop on over and find encouragement in her words.

Alright friends, cheers to September as we only have few more days until October. What are some of your September favorites? Please share with us so we can see what's been encouraging you lately! Cheers! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

**I love reading all your sweet comments and love getting to know every single one of you. I do my best to respond to every comment and will do so via email. If you don't receive a response, you may be a no-reply blogger.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...