August 10, 2015

YOGURT AND THEN SOME

I've recently been through this Yogurt book. Initially, I was rather excited about the book because I love finding ways to incorporate Greek Yogurt into our meals to make them more healthy. We use Greek Yogurt to make smoothies, we use Greek Yogurt as a substitute for sour cream and I've recently made a really delicious tomato soup with Greek Yogurt. I had a friend even tell me it was the best tomato soup they have ever had, score!

This Yogurt book takes you from start to finish with yogurt, from how to make your own homemade yogurt to cooking salads, dinners, desserts, and drinks. My favorite part of the book was the dessert and drinks section. The recipes are simple, quick, and easy to make alternations. I appreciated the opportunity to learn how to make yogurt, but I'm not to likely to give it a go.
I skimmed through the book and decided to give one of the smoothies a try. It was quick and easy and I was able to make some changes and I whipped up a really good strawberry smoothie. One thing that surprised me about the recipe was that it included 1 tablespoon of sugar. I skipped the sugar and added honey instead.
All in all if you're a die hard Yogurt fan and if you're wanting to make yogurt one of the prime ingredients in your dinner then this book is for you. If your more interested in simply wanting to incorporate yogurt into some of you every day meals, I would suggest skipping this one. What cooking books have you been through lately? Any I should give a try? xoxo. Samantha

No comments:

Post a Comment

**I love reading all your sweet comments and love getting to know every single one of you. I do my best to respond to every comment and will do so via email. If you don't receive a response, you may be a no-reply blogger.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...