August 17, 2015

HEALTHY BANANA OATMEAL DOUGHNUTS

I made doughnuts and they are the best doughnuts I have ever made. I initially wanted to make oatmeal muffins, but why make muffins when you can make doughnuts, am I right? :) I had really been wanting to make something healthy I could eat for breakfast and I also really wanted to find something that would include Greek Yogurt. I'm trying to put Greek yogurt in everything these days, ha! I have also been looking for ways where I could decrease my intake of refined flour. You know, I'm trying to be healthy.
I had been looking through different recipes when I found this one. It wasn't exactly what I was looking for, but I knew I could make alternations to meet all me needs. 

HEALTHY BANANA OATMEAL DOUGHNUTS - adabted from here

INGREDIENTS :
2 Bananas
2 Eggs
1/3 Cup Greek Yogurt
2 tablespoons Coconut Oil
1/3 Cup Brown Sugar
1/4 Cup Honey
1 teaspoon Vanilla
1 teaspoon Baking Soda
1 1/2 teaspoon Baking powder
1/4 teaspoon Salt
1 teaspoon Cinnamon
2 Cups Quick Oats
1/2 Cup Toasted Coconut

METHOD :
Preheat oven to 350ยบ. Mash both bananas in a bowl. Wisk together eggs and mix into bananas. Stir in Greek Yogurt, Cococut oil, brown sugar, honey, and vanilla. Mix together until creamy. Next, add baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, oats and coconut. Mix well. Spray doughnut pan with non-stick spray. Spoon mixture into doughnut molds about 3/4 full. Cook doughnuts for 15 minutes and cool on rack for 5 minutes before removing from pan.
So, seriously guys, these are the best doughnuts I've ever made. I may be partial but I think they are so good. The oats and the coconut give the doughnuts great texture and they are perfectly moist. They are also light and filling at the same time if that make sense. I ate one every morning last week with a hard boiled egg and fruit and it was the best. I mean really, these doughnuts, basically mean you can eat a doughnut every day guilt free. Also, if you are wanting to cut sugar you could probably substitute more honey for the brown sugar and I bet they would be great. Have you made any healthy doughnuts lately? I would love to give them a try! xoxo. Samantha

No comments:

Post a Comment

**I love reading all your sweet comments and love getting to know every single one of you. I do my best to respond to every comment and will do so via email. If you don't receive a response, you may be a no-reply blogger.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...