July 6, 2015

DREAMS FOR SUMMER '15

I fee like this summer is going to pass right by us. With moving and travel, I’m afraid we’ll miss out on some of our favorite things. However, we’re in a new place and we’re embarking on a new adventure so I’m hoping to embrace the little things. It has also been a long time since we have had a yard, apartment living in LA isn’t really yard friendly. We’re really looking forward to spending time outside and working towards making our new space home.

DREAMS FOR SUMMER '15

SPEND LOTS OF TIME AROUND THE CAMPFIRE 
Our new space came with a fire pit. Tyler has already been collecting wood and we're really looking forward to lots of nights around the camp fire soaking up slow summer moments and roasting lots of s'mores.

TRY DIFFERENT CAMPFIRE FOOD
Even though we have moved into our new home we don't have any cookware. All of our cookware had been in storage and is currently in route to our house. I really want to take advantage of this experience and take a stab at trying some different campfire food.

WORK ON HOME PROJECTS
Tyler and I are incredibly excited about this new experience with our tiny house.  We've been brainstorming the best furniture options and some items will include some custom work. I can't wait to get those projects started and finished. I’m going to do my best to learn all that Tyler is willing to teach.

FREQUENT THE FARMERS MARKET
There are two different farmers markets near where we live. I'm really excited to spend our Saturday mornings picking out amazing veggies and fruit, and exploring more of our area. 

MOVIE UNDER THE STARS
Tyler and I are really excited about our outdoor space. We have a brick patio adjacent to our house and Tyler and I thought it would be perfect for outdoor movies. We're dreaming up ideas for the best ways to make it happen.

VISIT NEW RESTAURANTS IN OUR VILLAGE 
There are some really cute places and restaurants around or town. Tyler and I are hoping to check out a few this summer and find our favorites.

HIKING AND CAMPING
We love camping and hiking, oh gracious, they are our favorite. We would love to squeeze lots of hiking and camping in, but it will probably fall to the bottom of our list with everything we're tying to achieve at home. But we'll keep on the list, because we're all about wishin' and hopin'.

When we lived in LA I forgot how much I loved summer. Living in a place with no seasons will do that to do. I love living in a place where you can watch the world come to life again. When I was in Missouri in May I remembered how much I loved it. Everything is green and lush and all the trees are alive. I'm so excited to embrace summer again. What are you dreaming of this summer? Xo. Samantha

No comments:

Post a Comment

**I love reading all your sweet comments and love getting to know every single one of you. I do my best to respond to every comment and will do so via email. If you don't receive a response, you may be a no-reply blogger.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...