July 15, 2015

AT THE MARKET

There are two farmers markets in our area, both about the same distance from us and we have been to the Chappaqua farmers market twice now. I'ts a pretty straight shot from our house and it is located at the Chappaqua train station. It's the cutest little station and it has a roundabout. The venders set up in the roundabout and all the shoppers gather on the grass in the middle of the roundabout while live music plays. It is the cutest ever and one of my favorite things.

There is a really great sense of community as people pass through, buying their favorite items and chatting with venders. Families sit and picnic while listening to music and little ones kick soccer balls.  The colors of the market are bright and rich and all the venders are extra friendly. I've started to familiarize myself with the regular venders and I have been scoping out my favorite ones to shop from.  Tyler and I hope to buy are weekly veggies from our favorite venders. I'm pretty sure we could purchase everything we needed as there is a meat vender there also.
There is fresh squeezed lemonade at the market and there are numerous venders selling prepared food; from pizza, to breakfast burritos, to hummus, and sweets, it's all there.  Maybe next time I'll see if I can grab a sample from each booth, ha!
The farmers market is one of my favorite summer activities. I'm really excited to learn more about our farmers market and make friends with all of our favorite vendors. I don't think we've ever lived in a place that is this quaint and adorable, but hey, I'll take it. ;) xoxo. Samantha

No comments:

Post a Comment

**I love reading all your sweet comments and love getting to know every single one of you. I do my best to respond to every comment and will do so via email. If you don't receive a response, you may be a no-reply blogger.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...