April 14, 2015

SHOPPING THOUGHTS ON A BUDGET

Stree Style, Sneaker Street Style, Spring Style
LOCATION : White Plains, NY
DETAILS : Grey bottom up   ||  Sequence razor back dress   ||  New Balance Sneakers (similar)   ||  Minimalist Necklace (similar)   

I was officially able to wear this outfit without shivering or being super cold. Hooray! It wasn't crazy warm, but it was warm enough for me to wear a dress. I've recently been shaking down my wardrobe and getting down to my most loved items.  Today, I thought it would be fun to share some of my shopping thoughts.
Stree Style, Sneaker Street Style, Spring Style
HOW I SHOP :
Our clothing budget is very small and we only actually shop intentionally for clothes twice a year. This is something we decided to do to stay on budget and be able to focus on paying off our student loans. Before I even go shopping I'm thinking about what items I would like to add to my wardrobe and how it will better round out the pieces I already have. I have a pretty good sense of what works best for my body, so I work on making sure I know what I'm shopping for before the shopping begins. This keeps me on budget and it keeps me from buying random items. If I see something I like, but I haven't made a mental note that it is an item that I'm searching for, I move on even if I really like it.
Stree Style, Sneaker Street Style, Spring Style
Stree Style, Sneaker Street Style, Spring Style
WHAT I'M BUYING : 
When I'm searching for items to add to my wardrobe I'm looking for classic pieces that I know I'll love 5 years from now. I want to purchase pieces that I will love wearing over and over again.  I'm always searching for pieces that work into my everyday life. This can change season to season depending on where you are at in life. I've had jobs that required different clothing uniforms, so during those seasons I was considering those things when making my purchases. Overall, when I'm shopping, I'm looking for items that are comfortable, classic, with a bit of athletic flare.
Stree Style, Sneaker Street Style, Spring Style
Stree Style, Sneaker Street Style, Spring Style
Stree Style, Sneaker Street Style, Spring Style
BRANDS & PRICES :
I don't necessarily shop by brand and I'm not always loyal to one specific brand. When I'm shopping I'm interested in getting the best price. However, I do know which brands are higher quality and I know which work best for my body. When I was thinking about this post I looked through my closet and I noticed that nearly 50% of my wardrobe pieces we bought on discount or at thrift shops. One of my favorite bottom up tops is an American Eagle top I picked up from Good Will for $4. That is my favorite way to shop. I look for high quality pieces at killer discount prices.
Stree Style, Sneaker Street Style, Spring Style
Stree Style, Sneaker Street Style, Spring Style
Stree Style, Sneaker Street Style, Spring Style
FAVORITE PLACES : 
There a few places that are my favorite to shop.  The one thing that dictates why these places are my favorite are that I can find high quality items on the cheap. TJ Maxx is one of those places. I love that I can find tons of great brands for a fraction of the price. I picked up the shoes I'm wearing in these photos from TJ Maxx. I'm also a huge fan of outlets. Gap and Under Armour are two of my favorite. I'm also a big fan of second-hand places, like ThredUp and Twice. The dress I'm wearing is from Twice.
Stree Style, Sneaker Street Style, Spring Style
There are a few items that we pay good money for, but even still I'm looking for a deal. Coats being one. This year we picked up Tyler a much needed winter coat and while it was more on the pricey side we still got it 60% off. The second item would be shoes. If we're purchasing shoes we want high quality and we're a little more willing to pay for it, with reason of course. We do set a limit on everything.

Do you do shopping on a budget? Where are your favorite places to shop? xo. Samantha

No comments:

Post a Comment

**I love reading all your sweet comments and love getting to know every single one of you. I do my best to respond to every comment and will do so via email. If you don't receive a response, you may be a no-reply blogger.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...