March 10, 2015

WALT DISNEY INSPIRED CHILI

The colder months always bring warm soups and chili. While we were in SoCal there were only one or two months that felt cool, not cold, but cool and I waited and waited for those months to make chili. Since we have arrived and embraced our new snowy New England home I have loved making lots of soups and chili.

I remember when I first started making chili. I called my mom, picked up a packet of chili season and went to town. It was a safe chili, one I knew I could cook and one I knew I would like. But since then I have started to experiment with different things and add different variations. A few months ago, Tyler sent me a recipe to some chili. He sends me recipes occasionally but this one was really fun, because it was Disney inspired. Tyler had sent me a recipe of the chili that Walt Disney made. So fun, right?
I was really excited to give this chili a try but tweaked it just a little to make it easier on myself. The one major thing that I changed was that I used canned beans. This recipe calls for dry soaked beans and I just didn't have time for that and I also wasn't thinking that far ahead.

WALT DISNEY INSPIRED CHILI
INGREDIENTS :
1 lbs. coarse ground beef
1 chopped green pepper
1/2 onions, diced
1 cloves garlic
1 chopped celery stock
2 tsp. chili powder
1 tsp. paprika
1 tsp. dry mustard
1 tsp. cumin
2 cans diced tomatoe
2 cans red kidney beans
Salt & pepper to taste

METHOD: Brown ground beef. While the beef is browning add the kidney beans and diced tomatoes to a large pot. Mix together. Add chili powder, paprika, dry mustard, and cumin to beans. Once the ground beef is almost finished add green peppers, onions, and mice garlic, sauté until beef is finished. Add beef mixture to the bean and mix well. Add celery. Simmer for two hours. Enjoy.
One thing that I really love about chili is that it can be made so many different ways. You can add different veggies, use fresh tomatoes instead of canned, change up the seasoning and you almost always end up with good chili. What is your favorite chili recipe? xo. Samantha

No comments:

Post a Comment

**I love reading all your sweet comments and love getting to know every single one of you. I do my best to respond to every comment and will do so via email. If you don't receive a response, you may be a no-reply blogger.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...