February 16, 2015

SNAIL MAIL WASHI TAPE GALLERY WALL

I am a big fan of art, big and small. I am also a fan of snail mail. When Tyler and I were packing for our move I put all of the snail mail I had received in my office box. I also put a few decorative prints in my binder. I had no idea what I was going to do with these things, but I knew I wanted them with us. I knew I wanted to use them to make our new place feel like home.

Last week I kept starring at a wall, it was empty and it needed some love. The longer I stared at the wall the more I knew what I wanted to do with it. I wanted to create gallery wall with our favorite postcards, with snail mail full of words of love, and with some of  our favorite decorative prints. Because we're staying in Hyatt House I knew anything I attached to the walls needed to go on temporarily and what would be more perfect then washi tape.
When creating a gallery wall the first thing to do is layout all the pieces you want to include and choose your favorite configuration. This can be hard and tricky, but the best part is that you can try anything you can think of. I usually go through multiple tries. Usually when I'm close to the end I have a few more pieces that I have to work in and that is the hardest part.
I trimmed all of the snail mail that I wanted to include and used the front of the card and the inside of the card. Including the inside of the card was my favorite. I loved having sweet words from friends on my walls.
Once I decided on my gallery configuration I took some measurements to center it on the wall and then I started attaching each picture with washi tape. The great thing about washi tape is that even if you get started and don't like it you can start over.
This has been such a fun project for me to work on. I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to work on any home decor projects since our space is temporary, but I'm so excited that I'm finding ways to decorate in fun and temporary ways. xo. Samantha

No comments:

Post a Comment

**I love reading all your sweet comments and love getting to know every single one of you. I do my best to respond to every comment and will do so via email. If you don't receive a response, you may be a no-reply blogger.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...