January 12, 2015

MOVING UPDATE

Phew! We officially move in 6 days. I'm so excited and I can't believe it at the same time. Last week started out kind of rough, but then I relaxed and all was well. I'm currently writing this at our dinning room table as the rest of our apartment, including our office is a hot mess. There is stuff every where and there are boxes every where.

Let's see, where to start? Since we are moving clear across the country we have decided to get rid of nearly everything we own and only take what will fit in a 4x8 trailer. This has been one of my favorite things, yet it has also been really hard. Here's the thing, I love minimalizing, I love purging, donating, and getting rid of things, it makes my heart happy. The hard part? The hard part is going through nearly every single item that you own. Now that's exhausting and a little overwhelming. I'm not just taking things off the shelf or out of the cabinet and putting it in a box. Nope, I'm pulling every single item from where it is going through it and creating a huge pile in my living room of what's being donated. Phew!
In our office we have taped of a section on the floor and walls that is the size of our trailer. We would prefer not to have an surprises on the day we pack the trailer, so if it doesn't fit in that spot it's not going. We keep going back in the office, moving things around and taking things away. Over this weekend we moved out all of our furniture. When we found out we were moving we decided we would give away all of our furniture to our friends in need. We loaded our furniture on Saturday and took it all to it's new home.

One of my favorite things about this experience is that we are getting down to the things that we use most and cherish most. Every time we let something go we're excited for a time when we can really pick out something that we love. So many things that Tyler and I have are things from before we were married and lots of the items are super old. We love that in our next home we'll be starting with a blank canvas.

This week we'll finish packing, purging, and donating. And then I'll be doing lots of cleaning. Even though the state of our apartment sometimes feels chaotic it has been such a beautiful picture of what Jesus has in store for us. It made my heart so happy to know that we were willing to give everything away and embark on this new adventure Jesus has for us. xo. Samantha

No comments:

Post a Comment

**I love reading all your sweet comments and love getting to know every single one of you. I do my best to respond to every comment and will do so via email. If you don't receive a response, you may be a no-reply blogger.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...