December 2, 2014

TRISTYLE CO. : UGLY SWEATERS

Ugly Christmas Sweater, Christmas Style,  Holiday Style
Christmas time is here! Welcome to December's TriStyle & Co. challenge! We have something special planned for this month, something that we're hoping everyone will take part in. Are you ready for this? Are  you ready to break out those ugly sweaters that you have shoved in the back of your closet? Elizabeth, Meg and I are so excited about this month's TriStyle challenge! 

This month we're sticking with a Christmas classic and we're each sharing our ugliest of Christmas sweaters. Don't have one? No worries, stop by your nearest thrift store and we're sure you'll find something there. We're always excited to share these challenges with you friends; excited to encourage, awaken, and celebrate the inherent beauty in each one of us as we live in community.
Ugly Christmas Sweater, Christmas Style,  Holiday Style
YOUR MISSION:
For the month of December we are styling our ugly Christmas sweaters. See how each one of us style it and then show us how you style yours! Once you have your ugly Christmas Sweater show us how you style it on your blog, instagram, or twitter! Make sure to use the hashtag #TriStyleCo so that we can see your wonderful creations. The last Tuesday of every month (December 30th) we will be sharing our favorite posts, tweets, and instagrams with everyone!
Ugly Christmas Sweater, Christmas Style,  Holiday Style
Ugly Christmas Sweater, Christmas Style,  Holiday Style
HOW WE STYLED OUR UGLY SWEATERS
Aren't ugly sweaters hilarious! I love that you can basically put an ugly sweater with anything. This ugly sweater has been a part of the Kakac family for a few years now. Tyler picked it up at a thrift store and it's been brought out every year. Tyler and I always call it the Bill Cosby sweater. It's totally something that would be worn on the Cosby show, don't ya think? I paired my ugly sweater with black leggings, boot socks, and boots. Perfectly comfy.
MEG: Ugly Christmas sweaters are my favorite...but I've never actually owned one! I've always borrowed them from friends...or let's be honest...friends moms. ;) This time I ran by the thrift store and went with the one I first laid eyes on. I'd say it's a winner. I don't really think you can go wrong with ugly Christmas sweaters, and you can wear them with whatever you want! I've already announced to my family that I'll be wearing this sweater on Christmas day...paired with my santa/reindeer antler hat, of course! Christmas is going to be bright and bold in the McIlvaine household this year. :)

ELIZABETH: The other day my husband was checking his twitter feed of all things wonderfully nerdy and he saw that The Yetee had fun holiday sweatshirts. We have a thing for festive sweaters in this family and I just couldn't help but check out with our favorites! When I pulled up the link he sent me in a text and saw an embroidered Olaf staring back at me, I was instantly in love. This sweater is everything it appears to be - warm hugs and snowmen. And every time I wear it no fail, someone compliments my sweater and asks me where I got it! Now that is festive if you ask me!
Ugly Christmas Sweater, Christmas Style,  Holiday Style
Ugly Christmas Sweater, Christmas Style,  Holiday Style
Ugly Christmas Sweater, Christmas Style,  Holiday Style
Ugly Christmas Sweater, Christmas Style,  Holiday Style
We can't wait for you to come along with us! Join the TriStyle & Co. Community! Get those ugly sweaters on and don't forget to #TriStyleCoHave an idea of what we should style for next month? Tweet us using the hashtag #TriStyleCo and follow us on twitter too - @oakandoats @megmcilvaine @Elahtree  xo. Samantha

No comments:

Post a Comment

**I love reading all your sweet comments and love getting to know every single one of you. I do my best to respond to every comment and will do so via email. If you don't receive a response, you may be a no-reply blogger.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...