December 18, 2014

STAYING HEALTHY & RESTED DURING THE HOLIDAYS

Oh, the holidays, how I love the holidays. Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years, all so lovely. While I do love these holidays I have come to find that it is a little tricky staying healthy and rested. Between holiday get togethers, traveling, family time, friend time, and all the food, it's tough. If I'm not careful I end up tired, bloated, hungry, overwhelmed, and little grumpy. Keepin it real here friends. Since, Tyler and I are traveling over the holidays I had been thinking a lot about staying healthy, because when I'm healthy I always feel better.
STAYING HEALTHY & RESTED DURING THE HOLIDAYS 

1.) Take a break from Social media : Checking out over the holidays has become really great for me; no work, no checking social media, it's great. Taking a break keeps my mind clear and helps me to stay focused on the present.

2.) Get Plenty of Sleep : Sleep is so important and I think it's easy to lose sleep during the holidays because there are so many people to see and so many things to do. Remember all that beauty sleep is what helps make those experiences better.

3.) Stay Active : It is so tough staying active over the holidays. It's hard carving out that time to take care of your self and get some exercise. Try to make staying active a group activity, go on a hike together or plan an outdoor activities. Make sure to get active.

4.) Saying No is okay : This is so hard sometimes, especially when we travel home because we want to say yes to everything, but sometimes it's okay to say no. And saying no will help keep you balanced and will curb the grumpies, at least in my case. :)

5.) Bring Healthy Snacks : Oh goodness, it is so easy to eat all the unhealthy things. Am I right? And there is food everywhere, there is no getting away from it. Do your best to pack your own healthy snacks and this will curb any of those unhealthy choices. Throw some carrots, some fruit, nuts, and a protein bar in your bag and you're good to go. Also, if you are anything me you will need to eat all the time and having quick access to snacks will keep you from eating junk.

We love seeing all the people and doing all the things, but we all need a little rest during the holidays and that rest will keep us pleasant for all of our holiday gatherings. How are you staying healthy and rested during the holidays? xo. Samantha

No comments:

Post a Comment

**I love reading all your sweet comments and love getting to know every single one of you. I do my best to respond to every comment and will do so via email. If you don't receive a response, you may be a no-reply blogger.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...