December 16, 2014

REFINERY 29 STYLE STALKING : A REVIEW

My most recent read has been through Refinery 29 Style Stalking. I was rather intrigued by the book as I have never really gone through a style book and I was looking forward to gaining some inspiration and learning some tips and tricks. The book is incredibly visual which is a plus for me because I'm a picture person and is laid out beautifully.

My favorite part about the book is probably the intro with the authors. I appreciated their hopes for the book; wanting to encourage others the take risk in their style and move pass judgement of what others will think of your style. That intro was a great set up for the book, especially sense not every item styled was my favorite, I viewed each piece as the other persons individual style and gained inspiration through their risk taking.

Another thing that I loved about the book was their basic training sections. These sections were super great at breaking down basic style concepts while walking you through how best to achieve them. Often times I get stuck when trying to achieve different style concepts and these sections helped give me confidence in taking those risks. I also loved the "1 piece 3 ways," sections. They broke down how to style one piece three different ways.
One of the overall things I took away from this book was to be confident in your style and not worry about what others think of you. There was definitely lots of style inspiration and lots of encouragement to take risks and get out there! xo. Samantha

*I received this book from Blogging for Books for a review, all opinions are my own.* 

No comments:

Post a Comment

**I love reading all your sweet comments and love getting to know every single one of you. I do my best to respond to every comment and will do so via email. If you don't receive a response, you may be a no-reply blogger.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...