December 1, 2014

5 WAYS TO SHARE HOLIDAYS WITH LONG DISTANT LOVED ONES

5 WAYS TO SHARE HOLIDAYS WITH LONG DISTANT LOVED ONES
The holidays are my favorite. First Thanksgiving and then Christmas. I love how each one encompasses a spirit of giving and thankfulness. A time for us to come together, share a meal, encourage one another and simply do life together. Time slows down a little on those days and we spend time focused on those we love. Because Tyler and I live far away from family I've spent the last few months thinking about ways to share in the holiday's with long distant loved ones. We spend Thanksgiving with family up in Fresno and we travel home for Christmas, but I still cherish the time leading up the the holidays where my mom and I chat about Thanksgiving dinner, work out plans for our arrival and discuss gift ideas.
5 WAYS TO SHARE HOLIDAYS WITH LONG DISTANT LOVED ONES
5 WAYS TO SHARE HOLIDAYS WITH LONG DISTANT LOVED ONES

1.) PLAN YOUR HOLIDAY DINNER TOGETHER : Every year my mom and I chat about Thanksgiving dinner and we brain storm ideas for her plans. I really love getting to do this because it makes me feel like I'm sharing in her Thanksgiving even though I won't be able to be there. We chat about side dishes, different kinds of salad, whether or not she wants to do turkey and who will be attending.

2.) SEND HOLIDAY MESSAGES : I don't send a lot of picture messages but I love sending and receiving them around the holidays. I love knowing that someone else is thinking of me enough to send me a picture and include me in there day.

3.) PLAN A SKYPE DATE : One year for my brother's birthday my mom and I planned a surprise skype date so I could be a part of his day. She set up her computer, we got all ready, and when Jacob arrived I was there singing him happy birthday.

4.) SEND A HOLIDAY PACKAGE : Receiving packages always brighten my day and I think they are a perfect way to share the holidays with other. Whether your spending the holidays with family or your celebrating afar, take the time to show them love with a sweet package in the mail.

5.) COOK A FAVORITE DISH : Every year my mom makes baked beans for the holidays, this is my favorite dish and has been since I was little. When Tyler and I moved away I started making it during our holidays. My mom and I may not be able to enjoy them together, but I always think of her and holiday of past when I make them.

5 WAYS TO SHARE HOLIDAYS WITH LONG DISTANT LOVED ONES
The holidays are so sweet and special, a time of family and celebrating. A time to give, cherish, and be joyful. Finding ways to share our holidays with long distance loved ones can be so sweet and add a little extra joy to each day. How do you share your holidays? xo. Samantha

No comments:

Post a Comment

**I love reading all your sweet comments and love getting to know every single one of you. I do my best to respond to every comment and will do so via email. If you don't receive a response, you may be a no-reply blogger.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...