September 10, 2014

SHAPING YOUR BRAND: WORD BRANDING

I've always found the concept of branding kind of tricky and hard. For this space I know it has been something that has developed over time. With time I have been able to better pin point the brand for my blog and where I want it to go moving forward. I've learned that word branding is much easier for me to get my head around when developing my brand because I'm able to find words that are specific to how I want to shape my brand.
When I started working on my word branding I decided to use the Stay Focused Worksheets, this provided a great opportunity for me to focus on my mission, purpose, and vision. The concept of word branding is pretty easy and can be done really quick. But you can also continue to build your word brand over time.

1.) Get started by writing down words that you feel your blog encompasses. This list could go in many different directions. DIY's, creativity, style, food, encouragement, faith, home decor. I focused on words that I wanted my mission to encompasses. Words that I wanted to build my brand and blog around.

2.) If your list is long and overwhelming highlight words that you want to shape your blog around and focus on those. If you're using the Stay Focused worksheet you can use the words you choose for your mission to shape your purpose.

3.) Writing a vision can be a little bit of a challenge. It was rather challenging for me, but using it in word branding made it much easier because I was able to start with my mission and work down to my vision. Think about where you want to your blog to go and how you want it to grow over the next few years. What do you envision for your blog or shop? Write down these ideas and continue to develop them.
Finding the words to shape your mission and purpose will help you stay focused and on track as you continue to build your brand. You can keep developing your brand by adding words and taking words away. Has developing and shaping your brand been difficult? Will using word branding help you better define your brand?

Follow along : Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest | Bloglovin | Shop

No comments:

Post a Comment

**I love reading all your sweet comments and love getting to know every single one of you. I do my best to respond to every comment and will do so via email. If you don't receive a response, you may be a no-reply blogger.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...