September 24, 2014

PHOTOGRAPHY TALK: GETTING STARTED

Photography Basics, Learning Photography,
Occasionally I get questions about my camera gear, how I shoot and how I learned. I think there is something magical about photography. Something beautiful that stirs my senses. Even though I have such an affinity for photography it's still tough sometimes and I'm always learning. 

I would love to share with you a break down of what I currently shoot with and what I started out with. First, I'm a Nikon shooter through and through. I don't think Nikon is better then Canon or vise versa. My first camera was Nikon and that's what I have shot with ever since and I really love it.


Photography Basics, Learning Photography,
Currently I shoot with a Nikon D300s and I think it's lovely. The primary lens I shoot with is the Nikkor 50 mm 1.8. That is what I run around with on a daily basis. Occasionally I use the Nikkor 55-300 lens, espeically if Tyler and I are out doing fun stuff.  When we purchased our Nikon D300s we also purchased a Nikon Speedligh SB-600, which I'm still learning. It's been rather tricky. We also have a battery pack for our D300s, which I don't use that often because we don't do hours and hours of shooting, but it is awesome to have on hand. 
Photography Basics, Learning Photography,



When I first started shooting I started with a Nikon D60, which Nikon doesn't actually make anymore. Starting out with the D60 was great at getting my feet on the ground. It was very user friendly and it's made with automatic settings and manual settings. I learned how to shoot manual on my D60. Another thing I used a lot when I started out was a Gary Fong diffuser. Shooting with an external flash is tough but this diffuser really helped when I was starting out.

Choosing your first camera can be a little over whelming and really depends on how much you want to spend and how much you want to push yourself in photography. The D300s has no automatic setting which means I always have to shoot manually. Not everyone likes to do that or learn that so it depends on what your looking for.  I think this one, this one, and this one would be great options with lots of fun features to start out with. Do you have any specific photography questions for me? I would love to hear them.

Follow along : Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest | Bloglovin | Shop

No comments:

Post a Comment

**I love reading all your sweet comments and love getting to know every single one of you. I do my best to respond to every comment and will do so via email. If you don't receive a response, you may be a no-reply blogger.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...