August 6, 2014

August Goals

July was a whirl wind. After I returned from Georgia in June I thought everything would be down hill. A nice quiet summer, no drama, get a lot of work done, hang out with Tyler, plan some fun adventures, but July had a different plan. We have been on lots of lovely adventures, but we have also had to handle a lot of different situations that left us feeling spent, overwhelmed, tired, and stretched to thin. I am so grateful for Jesus, because I was praying often for my need for him and he carried me through it all. Even though July was tough I was able to accomplish some of the goals I set! Wahoo!
LAST MONTH'S GOALS

1.) Finish BlogLife and sign up for a Skillshare class: Finished BlogLife! Whew! Now, on to Skillshare.

2.) Begin designing Home Organization worksheets: Whoop! Totally got these started. It's been slow, but I'm totally glad I've got some going.

3.) Finish business card design and order: This goal is taking me forever. I finished my design, but I wanted to have Tyler check. That's my last step.

4.) Update FAQ Page: Done!

5.) Create a New Reader Page: Done!
I'm welcoming August with zero preconceived notions. I am fully prepared to be put through the ringer and rest in Jesus, taking a day at a time. I have no idea if things will slow down, but we're just going to go with it. I'm really excited about this months goals and even if things get crazy I'll do my best to complete each one.

AUGUST GOALS

1.) Sign up for a Skillshare Class: Now that I have finished BlogLife I'm ready to start a new class and I'm super excited! I have two classes in mind and I think I've decided to start with  Lettering class. I have never taken a class like that before so hopefully it goes well.

2.) Switch to Disqus: I have finally decided to switch to Disqus and I'm pretty excited about it. Here's to hoping everything transitions smoothly.

3.) Intentional Community Buildling: I have been wanting to make more time to build more community by stopping by new blogs, leaving encouraging comments and finding fun new shops and services to promote.

4.) Find new css to resize post images: I have been wanting to resize my post images, but I didn't want to do it all manually so I figured I could probably find some css  to get the job done. When I wrote this goal I actually hopped on to see if I could find code right then and which means I've actually already completed this goal! whoop!

5.) Order Business: I think this has been a goal for three months now, hopefully this will be the month to get them finished. Hopefully.

6.) Write Down Life Stories: Tyler and I have been talking a lot about remembering all the ways Jesus has worked in our life and I want to start writing those stories down. My goal is two document two stories each week.

7.) Finish Reading the Circle Maker: A while ago I started reading the Circle Maker. It's such an amazing book and it's so inspiring. Life got busy and I didn't finish so I'm adding it to my list.

Writing down and sharing my goals has become one of my favorite things. I really love hearing other bloggers talk out their goals and I get so inspired by the progress they are making. What are your goals? Let's encourage each other in out goal setting.

Follow along : Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest | Bloglovin | Shop

28 comments:

  1. Switching to discuss was like the easiest thing ever for me, so don't worry too much about it. I am right there with you on designing business cards. I really want a cool logo, but coming up with one has taken a while. Also as far as intentional community building where does one even start with that? Its been one of my goals all summer as well, and Maybe it's because of the summer slump but it just feels unattainable. Finally, I would be interested to read some of your life stories, will you be sharing them or is that more of a private goal?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel like I have gone round and round with a logo for my business cards. One of these days I'll design one that I really like. That is one reason why I'm really excited about taking a skillshare class. I've got to build up my design skills. The summer slump has been tough, but I hoping to keep the goal going into fall which I think would be great.

      I'm so pumped that you're interested in our stories. I hadn't thought yet if I was going to share them on the blog, but maybe I will now. It would probably help me better articulate the stories.

      Delete
  2. Dude... I searched and searched for a code to resize photos. Did you find one that will resize all past post photos? That's my problem. Now I just export the photos twice... one for normal keeping/using/printing, and one for blog. I'm pretty sure I'm making it harder on myself than it needs to be!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Meg! I'm so glad you found CSS that works for you! I really wanted one that would work to resize photos for all my past photos and I was super pumped that I found one! Let me know if you have any other CSS questions. :)

      Delete
  3. What made you decide to switch to Disquis, if I can ask? I love using it on blogs, but I'm always curious about why people use different types of comment forms. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have actually put it off for a while. I'm kind of stubborn like that. I decided to finally make the switch because I think it does a great job of encouraging a more intentional community and allows other bloggers to connect in a more intentional way in the comment section, because they will get notified if someone responds to something they said. My only concern was that it may make it difficult for non-bloggers to comment. But I haven't really run into that currently so I think it will be okay.

      Delete
  4. I use Disqus on my blog and it's so great! Also, congrats on finish blog life. I'm still working my way through. I would love to hear about your experience with Skill Share once you have taken your class. I have heard of them and looked into classes but have never signed up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to share! I'm really excited to get into it! I'm excited to learn some new stuff!

      Delete
  5. i love that you are writing life stories down! such a great idea! :)

    also.... i am going to search for that CSS code lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your encouragement! I'm excited to see how it comes together!
      Did found the code? Let me know if you didn't and I'll send it your way. :)

      Delete
  6. I love these goals! I definitely want to hear about skillshare when you've taken it! And I have thought about Disqus for sooooo long but I can't commit. I am interested to hear about your switch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have had the hardest time committing to Disqus too. I've been thinking about it for a long time. I ended up deciding to make the switch because I felt like it provided a better opportunity for community growth. I love that everyone has the opportunity to respond to one another. I think it's great at letting other bloggers connect in one place.

      Delete
  7. Why are you switching to Disqus? I know that a lot of bloggers are, but I haven't heard why. :)

    Also, I've been thinking about the same thing with photos...Can you share what you learned?



    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It took me a long time to decided to switch to Disqus. The deciding factor for me was probably that fact that I felt like it provided a great platform to build community and help other bloggers connect in one place. I really love how it will notifiy you if some comments on your comment even it our not the blogger.

      Do you need the specific CSS code? I can totally send it our way. Did you have any other CSS questions?

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. Thanks girl! I'm pretty pumped about this months goals! I'm excited to see them develop! :)

      Delete
  9. Okay, so I totally didn't realize that you could use CSS to resize your photos. My goodness, my mind is blown! I've been manually resizing my photos since the beginning of my blog and I'm definitely going to go Google how to do that. Thanks for that tip! :)

    I'm with you on intentional community building. I've felt the itch to find new blog reads and am always on the lookout for bloggers who don't just blog, but who have a real community going on, too. :)

    Oh, and I've been thinking about switching to Disqus! It seems like a lot of bloggers have been making the switch and I love the idea of having the email responses emailed without having to do that step myself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. CSS has been a huge help when making changes to my blog. It's basicaly the only way I'm able to make my blog function the way I want. Yay! for CSS.

      I can totally tell their has been a summer slump in blog land, but I've really been wanting to continue to build community. It can be tough because it takes time, but I'm really looking forward to it. :)

      One of the reasons I decided to switch to Disqus was because I felt like it would be a great platform to continue to build community. I think it's great a connecting other bloggers.

      Delete
  10. What is the Circle Maker about? I keep seeing different bloggers post about it?

    xoxo, kerri

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a great book! The Circle Maker is a faith based book. It's all bout trusting your biggest and scariest dreams to Jesus and trusting him to make the impossible happen. It's one of my favorite books and really challenging, but so so great!

      Delete
  11. Can you share your CSS skills? I would love to know how to not have to manually resize my images! Pretty please? I still don't know if I'm sold on Disqus yet. What made you finally decide to switch?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to share my skills! I had so many questions about CSS that I'm going to draft a post! Yay!
      I can totally send you the CSS I'm currently using. Is there any other code you're looking for?

      I have been thinking about Disqus for a long time. And I don't like just jumping on the bandwagon so I've been mulling it over.
      I finally decided to switch because I felt like it was a great platform to build community. I think it does a great job of connecting other bloggers through comments, since they get notified whenever any comments. They only thing I didn't like was that non-bloggers would have to create a profile to comment, but I rarely have non-bloggers comment so I'm hoping it all works out.

      Delete
  12. I really like your goal about writing down life stories. I currently have a Word Document that I add to periodically about the big and small happenings and special stories along our journey--especially over the last year because our life changed a lot with our decision to move abroad--I feel like I'll never forget these moments...but memory isn't so good, it's good to have things written down!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that you write down your stories too! Tyler has been encouraging me often to write them down because he doesn't want us to forget. I love being able to look back and see how Jesus has worked in our lives.

      Delete
  13. I think its great that you do these monthly goals. I love the goal about writing down your life stories, I feel like sometimes its good to revel in these moments and write about them and take lots of pictures to remember the stories by. I've been trying to do the same thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's so encouraging to look back on how Jesus has worked in our life. I think it's great example of remember his faithfulness.

      Delete
  14. Replies
    1. I totally love it when we all get to chat about our goals! :)

      Delete

**I love reading all your sweet comments and love getting to know every single one of you. I do my best to respond to every comment and will do so via email. If you don't receive a response, you may be a no-reply blogger.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...