July 8, 2014

Mixing Patterns

I've not always been super confident about mixing patterns, but I had these two different pieces; that top and that skirt, both which I really loved. I decided to try them together and amazingly enough I thought they worked! And looked totally cute together!
For this particular shoot we ventured to Kenneth Village. It's a tiny section of town right in the middle of a residential neighborhood. It's so cute. Another one of those little surprises to find around Burbank. There are cute little cafes, lots of beautiful brick buildings, and brick road crossings.
Whenever Tyler and I venture somewhere new for photo shoots it always takes me a little bit to relax. I spend the first 15 minutes feeling awkward and a little stiff. Once I get more comfortable the photos start to come together.
This really was such a fun outfit for me to piece together. I love the fun summer feel it has. Wearing // Top: TJ Maxx // Skirt: Gifted (Charlotte Rouse?) // Sandals: Steve Madden. Do you plan on doing some pattern mixing?

Follow along : Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest | Bloglovin | Shop

16 comments:

  1. That skirt is totally adorable!! And I'm a pattern-mixing fan in general, so of course I love the whole outfit (I'd wear it, if I had the pieces!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rachel! It was fun learning that the pieces would match. Other times I had tried to mix patterns it didn't look to great, so it was super exciting to find pieces that would.

      Delete
  2. I always think that if I like it, it works. What some people may see and contrasting or weird, sometimes works really well! You just need the confidence to pull it off!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree! I have to remind myself of that. If I like it, it's totally worth it. You just have to own it. :)

      Delete
  3. you are right - that is so cute together! it's always fun to see such different patterns really compliment each other! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's fun getting to experiment with different things and then learning they will work. I used to not be great and experimenting, but I"m getting better. :)

      Delete
  4. that skirt is so cute! i have always been afraid to mix patterns but i def want to try it this summer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should! It was really fun to find pieces to match. I've never thought I was that great at it, but these two pieces came together really great ! :)

      Delete
  5. So cute! I'm a huge fan of mixing prints. I love how you did it! By the way, you are so so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jenna! You are so sweet! It was really fun and I loved finding pieces to match!

      Delete
  6. So cute! I love the mixed patterns!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Angela! I was so excited when both pieces came together!

      Delete
  7. You are SO cute!! I LOVE the pattern mixing!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It was so fun to put together!

      Delete

**I love reading all your sweet comments and love getting to know every single one of you. I do my best to respond to every comment and will do so via email. If you don't receive a response, you may be a no-reply blogger.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...