July 23, 2014

Adding a Little Color

Tyler and I have been on a recent color kick. As in, we need more color, so we have been trying to add pops of color around our home. Tyler has been loving the color yellow and when we picked up a new succulent plant we decided to add a little color by painting the planter yellow.
These are my favorite kinds of projects because they are so easy, but the result is so great. Supplies needed; planter, paint of choice, paint brush, and paint pallet.
If you're feeling adventures you can paint on any kind of design you like. We loved the idea of solid block coloring so we decided on simply painting the base yellow. This particular paint job took multiple coats. We also decided not to tape off the top and instead took our time painting near the top. Which we're still working on perfecting.
This planter makes me want to paint more. I really enjoy simple projects that can be completed on a whim. Do you have an planters you could add some paint too?

Follow along : Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest | Bloglovin | Shop

8 comments:

  1. love it! so simple, but it really adds a lot! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Robyn! I love how easy it was too! I totally want to paint some more!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks girl! I'm sure more yellow will be popping up around our place. :)

      Delete
  3. This totally looks like A Beautiful Mess! SO great!! You go girl. Bring back the color!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhhhh! Thank you! That is so awesome!

      Delete

**I love reading all your sweet comments and love getting to know every single one of you. I do my best to respond to every comment and will do so via email. If you don't receive a response, you may be a no-reply blogger.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...