July 25, 2014

QUICK & EASY BLUEBERRY SMOOTHIES


I have something to tell you. I'm not a huge fan of blueberries. I like them okay, but they're not my favorite. Which is cool. Tyler, however loves them. Anything blueberry and Tyler is all in. I got really excited about working with blueberries, because other then just eating them by the handful we don't do a lot with them. I had been wanting to create some fun breakfast smoothies and blueberries were my ticket.
Normally when I make smoothies I just throw things together. Anything that's in my kitchen is fair game if I think it will taste good. I found this pin, which has been super helpful in my smoothie making endeavors.
Blueberry Oatmeal Smoothies

Ingredients: 1 cup blueberries, 1 cup of frozen mango,  1 - 2 cups of milk (dependent of smoothie thickness,) 2 tablespoons of peanut butter, 1 cup of oatmeal.

Method: Blend and enjoy!
Now it's your turn! Share your blueberry creations with us! I love how every month we have so many different recipes, I can't wait to see what you share with us. 

16 comments:

  1. This looks so yummy, Samantha! I'm a huge fan of smoothies, but I never seem to make them. I just happen to have frozen blueberries and other berries in the fridge. So I think I'm going to go whip one up now!! Also, I think it's super cute that your nails are blue and theme is blueberries. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not that great at making them either, but I want to get better at it. I hope your smoothie turns out delicious! I love that you noticed my nails, I hadn't even thought of that. :)

      Delete
  2. I'm so sad I didn't remember to write a post for today! But next month is tomatoes and tomatoes are my absolute favorite! I'm definitely going to link up something good :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I'm so excited to see what you make! I love getting to see so many recipes! It's so inspiring!

      Delete
  3. I was just writing to you on your blog! Same thing girl, same thing! Your recipe looks divine! Pinning it right now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh! So fun! I love that we were writing at the same time! :)

      Delete
  4. Looks delicious! Love the photography in this post!!

    xoxo, kerri

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girl! I hope you give it a try!

      Delete
  5. Yum! That smoothie looks so good. I am a definite blueberry lover.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you give this blueberry smoothie a try! It's to delicious and easy!

      Delete
  6. I love smoothies! This is definitely going in the current breakfast rotation

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I'm so glad! My favorite part is the peanut butter! I love peanut butter so much!

      Delete
  7. Samantha! I gasped out loud when I read you don't love blueberries! =) However, adding them into a smoothie is a great way to get the good nutrition but not have to eat a bunch of blueberries. I love blueberry smoothies but I do not love the blueberry fragments that stay in my teeth forever!

    Your recipe looks pretty good! Thanks for sharing & for hosting the fun linkup.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh! I love your comment! I love the recipes your shared and I love that you included more then one! That is so fantastic!

      Delete
  8. This looks delicious--I've never thought to put things other than fruit or veggies in a smoothie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you give it a try! It's so good! My favorite thing to put into smoothies is peanut butter! :)

      Delete

**I love reading all your sweet comments and love getting to know every single one of you. I do my best to respond to every comment and will do so via email. If you don't receive a response, you may be a no-reply blogger.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...