July 31, 2014

BlogLife: A Review

I waited and waited for BlogLife to be launched. I remember when AMB announced they would be releasing a new blogging course and I knew I wanted to give it a go. Tyler is always encouraging me to continue to educate myself in the craft I am passionate about and I have been wanting to take every opportunity to continue to sharpen this craft of blogging. The day that it was released Tyler came home and I told him it was available. I loved his reaction. He wouldn't let me do anything else until I made the purchase. He is my number one biggest fan and he wanted to make sure I took advantage of this opportunity.

After purchasing Bloglife, Beth, Meg, and I decided we would go through the course together which made going through the course extra fun. During our first Google hangout we shared our thoughts on the chapters we had been through and shared our hopes and dreams for our blogs. I love the relationship that Beth, Meg, and I have together. I love that we are able to continue to encourage each other and share ideas as we pursue this blogging adventure.
Let's be honest, it's really hard for me not to be bias in this review, because I'm a huge fan of ABM and I have been reading and following along for years. I even visited Red Velvet when it was open. Overall, I thought the e-course was great and well worth the price. I really appreciate the fact that it came in a pdf version because now I can go back and use it as a constant resource. I think they did a great job of including content that was great for both new bloggers and seasoned bloggers. The first view sections were geared toward new bloggers, however I still felt encouraged and inspired by those first view sections and I used it as an opportunity to really evaluate my blogging foundations and better shape my content, vision, and purpose. 
I was most encouraged by their personal stories. They shared stories of failure, success, and many learning experiences. Often times we read blogs, but stories of failure aren't always shared. Both Emma and Elsie were open about many of their struggles and what they learned from them. I remember reading through those sections and breathing a sigh of relief. Not even the ladies of ABM have it figured out all the time. Which, I know that no one does, but reading their stories was refreshing and gave hope to this dream seeker.

When I purchased BlogLife and skimmed through the sections I was most looking forward to learning about marketing, ad programs and campaigns. Trey does a great job of covering these sections, but I will definitely need to re-read them many times. These sections are very business oriented and they were a little tough for me to get my mind around. Trey breaks everything down so it's easy to follow, it's just a subject that I don't take to easily.
All in all, if you're thinking about taking BlogLife I think it's totally worth it. I think it's a great resource to have and I think it also serves as a great opportunity to refresh your blog and refocus if you're feeling a little lost or uninspired. Are you going through BlogLife currently? What are your thoughts?

Follow along : Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest | Bloglovin | Shop

21 comments:

  1. I have been thinking about taking the course too, but I never have time and I am afraid I won't finish it. But this has motivated me alot more! Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rekita, I'm the same way. However, this course is so good I've had to force myself to slow down! It's fun and educational.

      Delete
    2. I totally think you should do it! The individual sections are do long and I think it could be easily passed out to finish it. :)

      Delete
  2. I purchased this course and i absolutely LOVE it! I haven't made it all the way through yet but it definitely gets the creative juices flowing. I would totally recommend it to bloggers!

    xoxo, kerri

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I love how you put that! It is great at getting that creative juices flowing!

      Delete
  3. so neat! :) how fun that you, Beth, and Meg can do it together!!! 3 of my favorite bloggers :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been really fun getting to go through it together! : )

      Delete
  4. I'm glad you did a review (and that you got to do it with Beth and Meg!). :) I purchased BlogLife a few months back when they had a sale but haven't had a chance to dive into to it yet. I'm thinking I need to get on it now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should! It has been really great. I also love that you don't have to go through it all at one time, I love how it's broken up into sections.

      Delete
  5. I recently started blogging and I might try this course soon. Thank you for your review. Oh, by the way... I love your blog: your pictures, the colors, the way you organize everything, you and Tyler working together when taking pictures. Just keep doing what you're doing. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ana! I totally recommend it! It's really great, has lots of tips and tricks and is really encouraging! Your comments are so sweet, thank you!

      Delete
  6. I liked your review. I agree that the beginning of the course (which is where I am at) is for beginners but it really has made me think about my blogging content.

    Thanks for sharing your insight!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! It really did help me evaluate and hone in on the specifics of my content and I feel like I have a better understanding of my blogs mission and purpose.

      Delete
  7. I lovvvvve bloglife!!! Although, I've only completed a few sections. I just cant seem to find time...but I'm going to make it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I'm so glad you are enjoying it! I really do think it's lovely! What have been some of you favorite/most encouraging parts?

      Delete
  8. I still really want to go through Blog Life at some point! Love this review :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really was so great. I will definitely read it again. They shared so much helpful information! I would love to hear your thoughts whenever you go through it! :)

      Delete
  9. It is seriously a GREAT resource and I recommend it 100%

    I also recommend gathering friends to talk about it!!! LIFE CHANGING!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed! Tyler skyped with his college buddies this weekend and I told them they had to start doing it once a month!

      Delete
    2. Agreed! Tyler skyped with his college buddies this weekend and I told them they had to start doing it once a month!

      Delete
  10. I went through it! It was so good! I wish I had people to discuss it with...I wasn't even thinking that way! I think they had some super practical advice.

    ReplyDelete

**I love reading all your sweet comments and love getting to know every single one of you. I do my best to respond to every comment and will do so via email. If you don't receive a response, you may be a no-reply blogger.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...