June 10, 2014

Travel Style & Planning Fails

I had this idea. While Tyler and I were traveling I thought it would be really fun to do a style post and take a photo every day of my travel attire. I loved this idea and it started out really well, for like two days. And then my idea and planing went out the window. You know when you have an idea and it starts out really strong and then it slowly falls apart? That's what happened to this.
Day one at LAX. This is normally how I dress on the plane. I'm not one of those people who has to look really cute while they travel. My only thought is how comfortable can I be without looking like a lazy bum. I've seen women travel in six inch heals. I'm not sure how they do it.
Day two was when we drove to Joplin, which meant I would be hanging out in the truck for eight hours. I'm all about t-shirts and shorts. Capturing my style on this day went really well. Two days and we're totally rocking it.
Then came day three, four, and five. Totally failed at capturing any style photos. Planning fail. I simply didn't make it a priority. I really loved this idea, but I just didn't make it happen.
On day six we only managed to capture this photo because we were at Antique Archeology and it was more of a 'remembering our travels' photo then an actual style photo. But hey, I'll take what I can get. I'm totally going to try to attempt this idea again, because I think it's so fun and if I can ever get all the photos I think it would make a really fun post!
Follow along : Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest | Bloglovin | Shop

18 comments:

  1. Remembering or actually making time to take outfit pictures is definitely the hardest part for me! I really like your Day 2 outfit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Day two is one of my everyday outfits that I can just throw on and run. I'm totally going to try this idea again. I think it could be so fun! :)

      Delete
  2. that is such a fun idea! although i would completely forget about it too if i was on vacation! :) i LOVE the day 6 top!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Robyn! I think it's a such a fun idea. I'll have to be more determined next time to make it happen. :)

      Delete
  3. hey, it's the thought that counts. ;) also, i am also all about the casual when traveling. those women who wear heels while traveling are cray cray. i'm like "you are practically limping through the airport right now. why would you do that to yourself??" haha!

    also, that last shirt is super cute!! love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right! I think they are a little crazy. Plus what are they going to do if they have to run across an airport to their connecting flight. Also, nobody is ever super comfortable on an airplane.

      Delete
  4. Oh, I have done this more times than I can count especially while sightseeing. I'll forget to take photos and then when we leave I'm like...what did I just see!? Ha. I love your easy, laid back travel style. You always look great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! That is one thing I love about traveling with Tyler, he is so great at capturing all the moments and getting the great shots. He helps to keep me inspired. :)

      Delete
  5. Best laid plans... oh well! And I totally don't get the dressy people traveling. I'm already going to be uptight because I don't like planes or long car rides!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember one flight I felt like I looked like I just rolled out of bed. I'm sure I didn't but I was so comfortable that's how I was feeling. Totally worth it.

      Delete
  6. I like that idea! It sometimes takes awhile ;) Next trip I am sure you will get all the photos! I might have to try this idea as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it could come together really fun! I hope you try it too! It would be fun to see all your outfits! :)

      Delete
  7. You just needed a floor length selfie mirror in your parents bathroom like I had lolol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would have made it totally easier.

      Delete
  8. Haha, love this post. I have dreams of looking all styling when I'm travelling, but I always end up opting for comfort. I'm usually sporting sweatpants and my Burton Sleeper Hoodie (with a built in neck rest and eyeshades - a must-google) I look like a crazy person or a human burrito but am safe and snug in the sanctum of my warm and snug cocoon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds pretty amazing and super comfortable! That is the way to travel! :)

      Delete
  9. I am in love with your airplane style. And those cuuuuute sneakers! I want.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm kind of an asics snub. Not literally, but maybe a little because they are my favorite shoes to buy.
      Also, random fact, we always buy our asics from Zappos.

      Delete

**I love reading all your sweet comments and love getting to know every single one of you. I do my best to respond to every comment and will do so via email. If you don't receive a response, you may be a no-reply blogger.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...