June 26, 2014

Travel Moments to Learning Moments

A couple of weeks ago Tyler and I were in Nashville visiting Tyler's dad. One of the things that Tyler really wanted to do was visit Antique Archeology. Have you seen that show, American Pickers? Antique Archeology is one of their stores. We were pretty pumped to stop by. Tyler and I enjoy that show and we love dreaming about all sorts of projects that can be made with vintage items.
The great thing about Antique Archeology is that it's more then just a vintage store. There are so many unique items that you may have never seen otherwise. There are also lots of really great vintage items that have been repurposed, like a majority of the lighting.  I really wanted to take home a couple of the Edison bulbs, but Tyler and I didn't have a project in mind and I rarely buy anything without having a vision first. I really don't like having stuff just sitting around.
Stores like Antique Archeology are great for gaining inspiration and staying inspired. There are stories behind each piece and so many of the repurposed items exude creative thought. In every adventure we go on there is an opportunity to grow and learn. An opportunity to be inspired, challenged and stretched. Even though Tyler and I were on vacation we can look back at these photos and this experience and continue to be inspired. We can continue to let it propel us forward. Take every moment, learn from it, be inspired by it and be driven toward greatness.
The more Tyler and I travel the more I'm learning that I can take in every experience and squeeze out creative inspiration. Every place like Antique Archeology started out small, they had a beginning and a dream. We can be inspired by their stories. We can be inspired by their dreams. What places have you been inspired by?

Follow along : Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest | Bloglovin | Shop

16 comments:

  1. That is so awesome that you can visit their store! We love watching the show!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it so fun! I love how they find some of the most unique items!

      Delete
  2. what a fun place - i would be in heaven! and i would definitely have to get an Edison bulb! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been wanting some Edison blubs so bad, but I always so no unless I know exactly what I want to do with them. One day I'll make something with them. One day. :)

      Delete
  3. Oh I love those Edison light bulbs! I would have wanted to take some home too!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved all the different light fixes that they had in the store! I totally wish I could make some!

      Delete
  4. Oh my gosh, oh my gosh. That store is my jam!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right! It was so amazing! I really loved how unique everything was!

      Delete
  5. Love this! Beautiful pictures- and that sounds like such an awesome place to visit.
    Thanks for the reminder about gleaning all the creativity you can out of traveling.
    And- I loved what you said about not buying those edison light bulbs since you didn't have anything in mind. I do that way too often- buy stuff hoping that I will have a good idea....should be the other way around!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One time I found the cutest vintage make up boxes! I that they were adorable and even though I kind of had an idea of what I could use them for I said no because I didn't like the idea of them just taking up space in our office. I probably could have styled them really cute, but our office that kind of office yet.

      Delete
  6. What a cute place! Love little treasure havens like that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was really amazing! We had no idea what to expect, but it was so amazing!

      Delete
  7. May I ask where you got that super cute b&w striped top? Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Old Navy! It's one of my favorite shirts!

      Delete
  8. I love that show!!! So fun to get to go there :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should go visit Meg and then you two could adventure there together! :)

      Delete

**I love reading all your sweet comments and love getting to know every single one of you. I do my best to respond to every comment and will do so via email. If you don't receive a response, you may be a no-reply blogger.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...