June 24, 2014

Style & The Equestrian District

There's this park near the LA river and the Equestrian District that Tyler and I frequent for my style shoots. We usually go on Sunday evening which is lovely because there aren't that many people there and those that are there are riding their horses or walking their dogs. Tyler and I really enjoy this particular area of town and we love to think about how it probably looked decades ago. There probably wasn't a freeway  between the mountain and the park and the LA river may not have been there either. Because really the LA river is a huge canal with little to no water in it.
The area is quiet and quaint. Two things I love and that I miss often, but Burbank is filled with little surprises like this park. You just have to find them. I had so much fun during this shoot. One thing I loved was my outfit! This is one of my favorite summer outfits. It's so comfortable, but it still makes it look like I tried. That's a win in my book.
What I love most about this park is that there are so many different areas to shoot in. I wanted a little something different for this shoot and Tyler pointed out this brick wall. I especially loved how green vines were growing on it. And then we found this fruit tree! Best thing ever! One tricky part, there were ants everywhere. And while these were tiny ants that weren't going to cause me any harm I thought there were going to take me alive.  wearing// top: The Limited // shorts: Gap // sandals: Steve Madden

What are some of your favorite summer items?

Follow along : Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest | Bloglovin | Shop

17 comments:

  1. I've noticed I wear a lot of flowy summer dresses because it's so hot here! I don't feel like getting "dressed" so I just throw on a fun dress and it looks like I actually attempted!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so awesome! Summer dresses are so perfect! When I read this I went straight to my closet to see what summer dresses I had. :)

      Delete
  2. this is my favorite kind of outfit. super comfy but looks like i actually put some effort into looking nice. baha! i just bought some new shorts from GAP (on SUPER sale...i was excited) they are my favorite! very comfortable and the perfect length. i've been looking for some new shorts for ages...it is so hard to find some you like!

    p.s. you are so cute, friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so hard to find shorts! Why is that? And I never want to pay full price for anything so I only buy things on sale! P.S. I wish I could see you in style shoots! I could see your GAP shorts!

      Delete
  3. Good Morning:) As usual you are lovely in your photos. Your blouse really does look nice. I'm so glad you found these two latest locations. They both look like great places to spend an afternoon without spending much money.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mom! It's one of my favorite places to take photos! And I love seeing the horses!

      Delete
  4. So beautiful! I love this outfit on you Samantha! The color is amazing....I love the simplicity- and your hair looks great!
    Too many compliments?? :)
    Looks like an awesome place to shoot some photos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amy! I love all the compliments! You are to kind! Have you ever thought about doing a style post?

      Delete
  5. I have a shirt almost exactly like that and it's the best because I can eat an entire burrito and no one is any the wiser while I wear it ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is why I love that shirt! It's kind of like no matter what you will always look nice!

      Delete
  6. love your look here, so classic! the navy blue top is so nice. and the photography/lighting is so gorgeous. teach me your ways!!

    so my boyfriend S is moving to the LA area. i am happy for him, but heartbroken (i am from philly!) that he'll be so far away! any tips for flying out to LA, when is th best time, places to go/etc? let me know if you have thoughts :)
    thanks!

    love, taylor
    bloganticipation.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Taylor! LA is a hot mess, but you can totally figure things out!

      Delete
  7. Burbank! Chuck is from Burbank...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Okay, Sorry about my little Chuck freak out! I also think you look darling!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You crack me up! I automatically thought about when you and Meg talked about how much you loved Chuck!

      Delete
  9. What a beautiful area! I am in love with that lighting and I can see why it's a go-to photoshoot location! And can I just say that I also love your hair? It's sooo pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girl! That is one of the only ways I really like to wear my hair right now. It's getting to a really awkward length, but I'm letting it grow out again so I've got to stick with it. :)

      Delete

**I love reading all your sweet comments and love getting to know every single one of you. I do my best to respond to every comment and will do so via email. If you don't receive a response, you may be a no-reply blogger.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...