June 11, 2014

Simple DIY Pillow

Last month I worked on a custom order and it was so fun! When I picked out fabric I made sure to get a little extra. I could have made anything with my extra fabric but I kept coming back to pillows. I have really been wanting to make some simple pillows and some pillow covers. I ended up doing a simple pillow over the pillow cover because I didn't have enough fabric to do a pillow cover. That will be next! It actually worked out perfectly because we already on some blue/teal accents in our room. This pillow is so easy. It may be the easiest sewing project I've ever done.
All you need is two 16x16 pieces of fabric and pillow stuffing. I cut my fabric pieces and laid them with the print facing side together and sewed around all the sides, leaving a 4" hole to add the stuffing. Once you have sewn all your sides turn the pillow right side out and stuff the pillow with stuffing. Once your pillow if completely stuffed hand sew your 4" hole closed.
Tip: before you turn the pillow right side out snip each corner of the pillow, this will create nice clean corners.
Super easy right? Do you have any extra fabric that you could turn into a pillow?

Follow along : Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest | Bloglovin | Shop

20 comments:

  1. so cute! i love chevron.
    i used to make pillows back in middle school/high school but haven't done much sewing lately. it's fun though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that it is so easy! It's nice to be able to do a quick sewing project that doesn't take to much effort.
      I want to see some of your pillows!

      Delete
  2. I made the pillow covers in our living room! Such a fun, easy project!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! That is awesome! I can't wait to make some pillow covers! I think they will be super easy and I love the idea that I can take them off and throw them in the washer. :)

      Delete
  3. that is so cute & goes great with your room! we have some extra curtain fabric that i made a tray with, but i just may need to try my hand at a pillow with the rest! that's neat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should! I want to see them! It's pretty easy and I like that fact that if I don't completely love them I didn't spend to much money.

      Delete
  4. The first sewing project I ever made after I bought my sewing machine was a pillow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so great! I think they are perfect for first projects. So easy and they totally make you feel like you can make anything. :)

      Delete
  5. Good idea! I don't think I have any extra fabric right now I could use...but a trip to the fabric store is my happy place!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Go get some fabric, make some pillows and then share them with us!

      Delete
  6. Cuuuuuute! I'm such a sucker for things in beachie/sea tones. Love this shade of teal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm totally in love with that color right now! So perfect for summer!

      Delete
  7. What what! I think I recognize that fabric.... ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, ya do! I was super pumped when I picked out the fabric and new to get extra! Glad you were my inspiration!

      Delete
  8. The fabric is so, so pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so fun and I love how much it reminds me of summer!

      Delete
  9. I love this! I want to make new throw pillows for our couch so I'm excited to use this tutorial :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I'm so glad! I can't wait to see what you make! They are going to be awesome!

      Delete
  10. yeah. I have a pillow insert and fabric and I just need to start sewing! I always put off projects like this! hahah.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Do it! I want to see the pillow you make! :)

      Delete

**I love reading all your sweet comments and love getting to know every single one of you. I do my best to respond to every comment and will do so via email. If you don't receive a response, you may be a no-reply blogger.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...