June 27, 2014

NO BAKE STRAWBERRY CHEESECAKE

I fell in love with photography strawberries. Before I had even started cooking I was wrapped up in photography these strawberries. I secretly wanted this post to just be strawberry photos. And then I started cooking and as my strawberry dessert came together I fell in love with that too. Originally, I planned on cooking strawberry scones from my Downton Abbey cookbook, which is feeling completely left out, because I haven't cracked the cover in a while, but I avoid turning on the oven in the summer so I had to go with something else. I found this pin, kind of random, but hey it looked simple enough so I decided I would give it a try.
Tyler loves cheesecake so when I found a recipe for no-bake cheesecake I was all in. I knew Tyler would love it and based on it's ingredient list I figured I would love it too. And let me tell you, it does not disappoint. This dessert has officially become my favorite summer treat.
No-Bake Strawberry Cheesecake - adabted from here

Ingredients: 1 Graham Cracker Crust. 1 (8oz) tub coolwhip. 1 (8oz) cream cheese. 1/2 cup of sugar. 1 pt. fresh strawberries.

Method: Mix softened cream cheese and sugar in a medium bowl until fluffy. Fold in cool whip. Pour into crust. Refrigerate for 2 to 3 hours until firm. Garnish with fresh strawberries.

Alterations: This recipe calls for 1/2 cup of sugar. It was a little too sweet so I would cut it back to 1/4 cup. Also, after we had finished making the dessert we thought it would be fun to add strawberries to the cream cheese mixture as well as garnishing with strawberries.
Tyler and I ended up calling this Strawberry Cheesecake Sundaes because we only refrigerated the dessert for an hour. Lesson learned it takes longer and we ended up putting our desserts in ice cream dishes. I think I may like it better that way. With the 4th of July around the corner this would be perfect, just add some blueberries and you have the perfect red, white and blue dessert!
xoxo! Samantha 

19 comments:

  1. Oh man. I'm so excited to see all the posts! We love some strawberries!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This has been my favorite so far and this strawberry dessert is crazy easy and it's really so delish!

      Delete
  2. So excited about both of these recipes!! I can't wait to make the no bake cheesecake. I already know what I'm going to make next month with blueberries!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I'm so glad! I'm super pumped about the blueberries! And strawberries have been my favorite so far! You totally killed it this month with two recipes!

      Delete
  3. Good Morning-Your strawberries are mouthwatering, they look so tasty. I think I will try your recipe for the next potluck I go to. Love You

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mom! It really is super easy! You'll love it!

      Delete
  4. This sounds like the recipe my family always made growing up! It is so yummy! Though we always put cherries on top (which I don't even really like so strawberries would be 100 times better). I've really got to get my hands on some gluten free graham crumbs to make this again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not a big fan of cherries either and this is so so good! It really has become my favorite summer dessert!

      Delete
  5. Gah, I'm so sad I'm not linking up today. I wish I had allowed more time to try a second recipe with strawberries. Oh well! I WILL be back next month! This time, I'll make my tried and true blueberry recipe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to see your blueberry creation! I love cooking with fruits, it's so fun! I'm sorry your strawberry creation didn't work out.

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. You should try it! It's a breeze to whip up and it tastes amazing!

      Delete
  7. This is my favorite one so far--they all look so delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I had so much fun with this one! I love photography fruit now too!

      Delete
  8. Girl, you had me at hello. I freaking LOVE strawberries!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should make this! For real! It's so crazy easy and tastes amazing! I'm all about creating easy dishes and this is perfect!

      Delete
  9. This looks SO good! And.....it looks easy too!
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it tastes amazing! I hope you give it a try! It's so easy to make and the strawberries just make it look pretty!

      Delete
  10. This looks good, girl! I like that it is so simple but tasty too. I'm not gonna lie, I'd use blueberries instead of strawberries. I'm not a huge strawberry fan =( BUT blueberries? I eat them by the handful all summer long.

    Thanks for hosting this fun linkup. I look forward to it each month and I haven't been a big planner lately but this one is always in my blog planner =)

    ReplyDelete

**I love reading all your sweet comments and love getting to know every single one of you. I do my best to respond to every comment and will do so via email. If you don't receive a response, you may be a no-reply blogger.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...