June 16, 2014

5 Things // Vol. 11

It was by far one of the coolest things to see my brother last week! My mom and a I flew to Georgia to see my brother graduate basic training and wish him well as he begins Officer Candidate School. I think I experienced the least amount of sleep I have ever had and it all began Wednesday morning at 4:00am. The families were invited to observe the soldiers doing their morning PT (physical training.) I loved being there and took lots of pictures and video all which were pretty dark because the sun hadn't risen.
Later that morning we returned for the beginning of family day where the soldiers are presented to their families and then get the rest of the day to spend time together. I was so excited to see my brother after this adventure he had been on. We spent the day eating good food, seeing X-men, stopping for ice cream, and then more food.
Thursday was basic training graduation which took place at the National Infantry Museum. The ceremony included informative reenactments and then a handful of other things that I have no idea how to explain. But it was really awesome and I had a great time! 
After the ceremony we checked out the National Infantry Museum which was really cool, lots of historic artifacts and we ate at the museum restaurant, which was good because I was crazy hungry.
The rest of our Thursday was spent gathering supplies that Jacob needed for Officer School, relaxing at the hotel, stopping at a few places to eat and then saying our goodbyes. My brother is one of my favorite people and I had so much fun getting to hang out with him. I loved seeing how much he had grown from his experience and I can't wait to see him again!

How was your week?!

Follow along : Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest | Bloglovin | Shop

15 comments:

  1. So cool to be able to see all that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had no idea what to expect, but it really was so cool! There were lots of ceremonially things that were pretty cool.

      Delete
  2. i love hearing you talk about your brother because your love for him shines through! i bet the whole week was so neat to be able to see all that & get a peek into his life/adventure! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you said that! It encourages me to know that my love for him shines through! I guess I'm not always sure that it does. Thank you for being an encouragement to me! :)

      Delete
  3. Brothers are the best! How cool to be able to be there for his graduation, wow, it looked awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brothers are the best! It was really fun to be able to see him and see how much he has grown. It was such an amazing experience!

      Delete
  4. Awe! So glad you got to spend sometime with your brother before he goes to officer school. It's so sweet that y'all are so close!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Madison! He really is one of my favorite people and I really love spending time with him because he always seems to bring out the best in me.

      Delete
  5. Samantha, it's neat that you have such a great relationship with your brother! Sounds like a fabulous weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rachel! I feel so blessed that we get along so well. We really are such good friends! :)

      Delete
  6. Aw, I love these photos! What a special weekend. So proud of what your brother is doing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jenna! I love getting your comments, they always make my day!

      Delete
  7. LOVE that you got to see your brother graduate!! that is so special. i loved getting to go to my brother's military graduation :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so cool! They did lots of ceremonially things that I didn't really know how to explain but it really was so cool!

      Delete
  8. You have no idea how much it warms my heart to see how the two of you get along. I am truly so very blessed because of the relationship you share with him. My time with you both this past week is one of my top favorite times. I enjoyed every moment and wouldn't trade a moment. I am so glad that this was something we all could share. You did a great job with everything we had to do, and your pictures are great! I Love You-Mom

    ReplyDelete

**I love reading all your sweet comments and love getting to know every single one of you. I do my best to respond to every comment and will do so via email. If you don't receive a response, you may be a no-reply blogger.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...