May 15, 2014

The Little Things

The end of April was a little rough for me. It was my own fault. I sometimes take on to much and then get stuck in a mind set of having to get everything right and then spend way to much time trying to hard.  It's a thing I do and then I have a Jesus moment in which he reminds me to slow down and relax. This little plant helped me to do that. It reminded me to slow down and take in every precious gift Jesus  has for me. It reminded me that the little things count too.

I loved spending a Sunday afternoon picking out a planter for this little guy and then planting the flowers in it. It was the simplest thing, but it was beautiful, quiet and relaxed. We don't have to have it all done right now. We don't have to have it all figured out right now. And we don't have to move at any other pace, but the one Jesus has for us. I need those kind of reminders. I need Jesus to remind me that he is always in control no matter what. I just need to relax.
Beth reminded me a couple weeks ago, "slow and steady wins the race." Those words have stuck with me and have been such an encouragement. I'm passing them on to you.

Follow along : Facebook / Twitter / Pinterest / Bloglovin / Shop

16 comments:

  1. Love it. It's so good to slow down and rest!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was definitely a must for me this past week. :)

      Delete
  2. I feel like this is a lesson that many of us need to learn repeatedly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I for sure do. I get overwhelmed and too busy and Jesus always helps me to slow down.

      Delete
  3. beautiful flowers! it's so nice to have something bright and fresh around the house. also, thanks for this great reminder. so many times i feel like i'm falling behind and going to slow through life, but i know that everyone's journey is different and i need to trust in the pace Jesus has set for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I have loved having them around! :) I need this reminder often. I think I start trying to go faster and faster a little bit at a time and then I have to step back and slow down.

      Delete
  4. love this post! what a gorgeous plant & the i love the planter!!! it is so important to remember that slow builds endurance and success! :) it's great to just rest in Jesus!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Robyn! It was something that I was really needing! I was feeling so busy and overwhelmed. Glad to have moments of rest. :)

      Delete
  5. I am just in love with God's faithfulness to reassure our hearts when we get overwhelmed, weary, discouraged, etc. He is so good to say, "hey, just stop, rest in me"
    So glad that you could just take some time for rest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I love when Jesus helps me to slow down and provides me rest. :)

      Delete
  6. i totally hear you on taking on too much. it all piles up so quickly...and then, overwhelmed with things to do, i find myself impatient and grumpy. i love the planter. it's definitely soothing and gardening does wonders to calm me down. love this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get grumpy and impatient too! I love being able to slow down. It makes life so much sweeter.

      Delete
  7. Love how His Spirit speaks to us and gives us these little object lessons in the everyday. Thanks for reminding us to look out and listen for His voice Samantha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely! I love how he guides us into presence and rest.

      Delete
  8. I love your sweet spirit,Samantha! The flowers are lovely and I'm glad you were able to enjoy planting so that you could unwind. There is so much truth in that Jesus is in control. In Him we find our rest.

    Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jenna! You are such an encourager! I'm always able to find rest when I just relax, remember that Jesus is in control, and focus on his promises. I hope you're finding rest in him too. :)

      Delete

**I love reading all your sweet comments and love getting to know every single one of you. I do my best to respond to every comment and will do so via email. If you don't receive a response, you may be a no-reply blogger.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...