May 8, 2014

The Artist Guild: Around Town

*Welcome to the Artist Guild, this is our opportunity to create together. The second Thursday of the month we come together to share our creative projects. There are eight creative activities that we'll be working on through September. To learn more, read here. We would love to have you join us and link-up your creative awesomeness! 

Today's Artist Guild activity, Adventure around your town on bike
  OR go somewhere you've never been and share you adventure with us.

I've really been wanting to learn to ride my bike around town, however, it's not super easy just to get out there and go. When riding around Burbank you have to be really really careful because you're riding down super busy roads. Tyler and I decided we would ride our bikes to downtown Burbank and stop at Starbucks. Having Tyler go with me was pretty necessary. He rides his bike to work all the time and he is really familiar with the traffic, which roads have bike lanes, and how to safely maneuver around the traffic. Also, I'm not super great at knowing how to properly  use the gears on my bike. No matter where we ride we are almost always going up or down hill. During our rides Tyler coaches me on when and which gears to use.
We had so so so much fun! It was so nice getting out on Saturday morning and riding around the city. Tyler talked me through all the turns we were going to make and coached me on biking with the traffic. We had a blast! Getting to Starbucks was great too, because it was pretty warm and it was nice to cool off and get a fun drink before heading off again. Tyler and I almost always get the same drinks; caramel mocha frappuccino. Occasionally I'll get a passion tea, which is what I decided on for this trip.
And because, what else do you do in Starbucks... We took some goofy pictures including bringing back the "My Space" photo! These are the best!


Do you enjoy riding your bike around town? Where are your favorite places to stop?
1. Link-Up your Artist Guild post below. Please link to the post and not your home page.
2. Be encouraging. Comment on the post before you and tell them how awesome they are!
3. Hashtag your creativity! #theartistguild




Our next Artist Guild link-up

June 12th : Spend an afternoon life drawing 
Life drawing is simply drawing people you see around you. It doesn't have to look pretty.
It's about sketching, capturing motion and shape.




Follow along : Facebook / Twitter / Pinterest / Bloglovin / Shop

10 comments:

  1. We love going on adventures on our bikes, but it can be pretty scary when it comes to traffic. We live out in the country but all the roads are 55 mph with no bike lanes of course--but still, we get out as much as we can when the weather is warm!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Biking riding is so fun! What a contrast; biking in the country and biking in the city. I think it would be pretty jarring to have a car fly by at 55mph.

      Delete
  2. how fun! :) i've never gone biking downtown but now i want to :) and passion tea is the best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should! It's really fun! It totally gave me a different view of our city! :)

      Delete
  3. I love the shaken ice tea passion lemonade during the summer! Were you guys able to use bike lines? I grew up in Coronado, and we had bike lanes all over the place, which made it really easy to pedal around!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is exactly what I got! I had never had it with lemonade but I tried it this time. It was so good.
      We did use bike lines on a majority of the roads, some of the lanes didn't have bike lines, which felt kind of tricky, but it was really fun. I'm so glad we have a lot of bike lines, it really is so encouraging to get out there and ride. :)

      Delete
  4. I love this! So fun to see photos of you and your husband having fun and just enjoying a really awesome date!
    That bike riding sounds scary!
    And, how do you still look like such a babe after bike riding?? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amy! We had so much fun! Parts of the bike ride were a little scary. Luckily, Saturday morning traffic isn't to bad. I love that you called me a babe! I always think you look like such a babe when your adventuring around Alaska!

      Delete

  5. i have been looking forward to this post for weeks! y'all are so silly and fun. love it! i'm so pumped about joining in on the life drawing. i'm a pretty bad sketcher, but it's all in the fun, right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just wait until you see my sketches! It may resemble a kindergartener, but it will be so fun!

      Delete

**I love reading all your sweet comments and love getting to know every single one of you. I do my best to respond to every comment and will do so via email. If you don't receive a response, you may be a no-reply blogger.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...