May 28, 2014

Handmade with Love

The handmade details of our wedding are one of my favorite parts. We made everything, seriously everything. Tyler designed our wedding canopy and his dad built it in Tennessee, dis-assembled it and drove it to Missouri. My uncle cut down trees so that we could use the tree stumps. He also built a cupcake tower.
My friend Caitlin and I made signs. I collected mason jar after mason jar. I had friends help me paint chalk platters or signs, I'm not sure what to call them. I had friends build signs, paint signs, and bake cakes and cupcakes. Everything was handmade. I knew exactly how I wanted my wedding to be and I knew the only way to make it happen was to make everything and to ask for lots and lots of help from friends and family. We had good friends handle all the food for our BBQ reception and we even had someone allow us to borrow hay bales. It was a team effort.
Everything was prepped and ready for the week of the wedding. It just had to be set up.  We had been making things for months and months. Tyler flew in a week before the day of our wedding to help set up. One of my favorite parts was putting together our bouquets. I had ordered fresh flowers and the day before the wedding my bridesmaids and I put together our flowers. I wish I could do that more often. What are you favorite wedding details? 

Follow along : Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest | Bloglovin | Shop

18 comments:

  1. i am LOVING all your wedding posts. and your DIY wedding was gorgeous!! love all the little details!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Meg! I love DIY weddings, they are my favorite! I love seeing what other people come up with! So many amazing creative people out there!

      Delete
  2. These images are breathtaking and I love all the handmade!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lauren! We had so much fun and it wouldn't have been so amazing without the help of so many wonderful people!

      Delete
  3. your wedding is so gorgeous!!!! :) i love all the details you put into everything! that's the only thing i wish i had done - is handmake more stuff! half of my bridesmaids lived out of town so me and my husband made just about everything and we ran out of time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Robyn! That would have been so tricky having all your girlfriends living out of town. One of my best friends got married last summer and I was so sad that I missed helping with all her handmade items.
      She helped me such much with mine it was a little heartbreaking that I couldn't' help her.

      Delete
  4. Gorgeous. The next pinterest sensation! :)

    I love that little Mya girl :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pinterest weddings are all the rage! One of Tyler's sisters said the same thing you said about getting married before Pinterest. It's so amazing how creative people are on Pinterest!

      Delete
  5. i'm loving these wedding posts! your day looked beautiful and i love how much time and effort you clearly put into every detail!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think it helped that we worked so hard to do a little bit at a time. We even unload the hay bales right before out rehearsal dinner.

      Delete
  6. Can I please re-do our wedding and do it just like yours??? For real. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are too nice! Do you have any wedding posts? I would love to see them!

      Delete
  7. How fun! That is a ton of DIY work and turned out super pretty. I did most of my own wedding decor too but I didn't have that much. I had a 2nd wedding at the beach and to me the ocean doesn't need much decorating.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When we were in Cambria we saw a beach wedding! It's so amazing how simple, yet beautiful everything was! How did you end up having two weddings?

      Delete
  8. Your wedding is beautiful. Seriously it's like the ultimate pinterest dream! Love all the little details and the fact that every thing was made!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Madison! I love that you called it "the ultimate pinterest dream!" You totally just made me feel cooler then I actually am! :)

      Delete
  9. You guys put so much beautiful handiwork into the decor! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank Rachel! I think Tyler and his dad out did themselves with the alter they made, but it was so cool!

      Delete

**I love reading all your sweet comments and love getting to know every single one of you. I do my best to respond to every comment and will do so via email. If you don't receive a response, you may be a no-reply blogger.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...