April 2, 2014

Coming Back From Vacation

Coming back from vacation or any type of travel, especially if it's a long trip can sometimes throw me for a loop. The more we travel the more awesome I get at having the house prepared when we return. This is big for me because I love to be organized and I love coming home and knowing I get to ease back into life. Here is breakdown of how I do it.
 
1.) Clean before you leave: I always clean before we leave. It's the best feeling walking into a clean house after a day of traveling. I would probably be instantly grumpy if I walked into a messy house. That's just how my brain functions, non-chaotic spaces are my happy place.

2.) Have meals ready when you return: Coming home and not having anything to eat kind of stinks. Especially when you're on a tight budget and picking something up on the way home isn't an option. When I plan our menu for the month I always pick easy stuff for when we return, whether it's a frozen pizza I can pull out of the freezer or chicken quesadillas. Both easy.

3.) Have a day of down time before you return to work: Going straight back into work right after traveling is rough. Tyler and I have learned that it's really helpful to have a day of down time to recuperate before we go back to work.

4.) Have your paperwork / finances / calendar in one place: I've noticed that we seem to travel at the end of the month. Not sure why, but that's how it goes. We do all of our finances at the end/beginning of the month. When we get back from tips that is the first thing we do. Sit down and manage the finances. I don't won't to have to search for what I need. I like to have it ready when I come back so I can get it done.

Do you prepare your home before you leave for travel? What are ways that you ease back into life?

 Follow along : Facebook / Twitter / Pinterest / Bloglovin / Shop

26 comments:

  1. The clean house thing is for real! Walking back into chaos from travel chaos is no fun! Hope you're enjoying your trip!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed! It's one of my favorite thins to wake into a clean house, best feeling ever. :)

      Delete
  2. yes! having a day of down time post-vacation is crucial! i did that when i came home from my cali trip and it made all the difference!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the best thing ever! I always need to catch up on sleep, unpack, and just do life things.

      Delete
  3. i 100% agree with all of this! cleaning before leaving really is the BEST thing ever!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the worst feeling to come home and have to pick/clean instead of being able to rest. :)

      Delete
  4. I have to prepare because we have dogs... so lots of planning has to take place.
    I hate laundry afterwards... ugh!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Having dogs would be tricky preparations. Laundry afterwards does stink. If we stay with family I try to do some laundry before coming home.

      Delete
  5. Totally agree! I always make sure we clean the house before we leave and leave a day of rest before returning to work. My husband thinks I'm a crazy lady for NEEDING to do this, but hey...it's a good crazy. ...right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally a good crazy! It makes these so much easier!

      Delete
  6. This is smart! Our room is usually crazy town when we get back because I always pack at the LAST minute and somehow end up removing every single thing in my closet during the packing process... but I do always make sure to make the bed before leaving. Nothing like coming home to a nicely made bed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed! It's the best feeling getting to sleep in your own bed again!

      Delete
  7. Definitely great tips. It's always hard to clean after you make a mess packing for a trip... but it's always worth it when you come home to a clean house. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed! It makes easing make it to my schedule so much nicer.

      Delete
  8. Always clean before we leave!! For sure! And if I can, I try to do laundry wherever I am so that when we get back I can just unpack and put away the clean clothes- instead of having to dump them out and wash them first.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I love being able to come back with clean clothes and just be able to put everything away! :)

      Delete
  9. I definitely clean before we leave because it makes coming home so much nicer! So far, though, we haven't really taken a day of downtime in between--we tend to prefer killing ourselves and vacationing as much as humanely possible... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right, clean houses are the best! Bahahaha! Killing yourselves, that sounds like my husband! :)

      Delete
  10. I 100% prepare my home before I leave. I hate coming home to a dirty home! Not only that, but I hate having a busy day the next day so I try my very hardest to not have anything to do the day after we get back !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I love coming home to a clean house. It's so nice and relaxing. It makes coming home 100 times better!

      Delete
  11. we ALWAYS have a day at home before going back to work and we ALWAYS leave the house clean. those two things are important to us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It makes coming home so much easier. I can't image coming home to a crazy house and then have to be thrown into work the next day.

      Delete
  12. great tips! I hate coming home and feeling like my life is out of control.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed, coming home should be calm and relaxing.

      Delete
  13. I love love love these tips! I was out of town from Thursday-Sunday this past week for a wedding and when we got back the first thing I wanted to do was clean the house. Then I realized we hadn't pulled anything out to eat for dinner. Ugh! Definitely keeping these tips in mind for next time:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That has happened to me a couple of times to, that's when I started working things out before we left. The dinner was tough the first time it happened. I had one of those, "not going to let that happen again" moments.

      Delete

**I love reading all your sweet comments and love getting to know every single one of you. I do my best to respond to every comment and will do so via email. If you don't receive a response, you may be a no-reply blogger.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...