April 24, 2014

A Letter a Day

My brother started basic training in April. This is my first experience having any one I am close to in the Army. It's been really interesting because even though my brother and I have lived far a part, it's still hard knowing that I can't talk to him whenever I want. I'm really proud of him and I'm really looking forward to hearing about all of his experiences. You know, when I'm able to talk to him in a couple of months. As for now, I'm writing letters.

They suggest writing a letter a day. I've been writing letters since the day I got back from Joplin and I had been holding on to them until we received his address. I sent out the first of all my letters last week and I had done pretty good at writing a letter every other day, but this week I'm totally dominating the every day letter business. I got my first letter from my brother this week and it made my day! It was exciting to hear about how he was doing and I was really excited to hear about how much he's glad he is there.

Do you have any experience with having loved one's in the military? I would love for you to share.
Follow along : Facebook / Twitter / Pinterest / Bloglovin / Shop

 photo riversandroads275x300.jpg

12 comments:

  1. i do! my brother is in the military and had his first deployment last year. it was iffy where he was stationed as to whether or not he'd actually get what we sent. my mom sent lots of packages, but i mostly sent emails because i knew he would get those. :) he's being deployed again later this year, so the package sending and letter writing will start up again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought of you when I was writing this post! I'm really looking forward when I can email my brother too!
      Although, the snail mail is fun too. I really wanted to send him packages, but they say not to do that during basic.

      Delete
  2. You are a great sister!
    My brother is in the military- and I know for sure that while he was in basic training and deployed......he lived for letters!
    I love the flower stamps! Those are the ones that I have, and I think they are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank! I hope he thinks that too! What part of the military is your brother in?

      Delete
  3. Oh, I am obsessed with those stamps! This is such a sweet idea and so appreciated by your brother, I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't they so pretty! When I got them and I one of those "pretty" moments. :)

      Delete
  4. This is so sweet! You're a great sister! :)

    www.ensembledeux.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm sure he appreciates every one!

      Delete
  5. My sister was actually in the Army (she is out now), but when she was away at boot camp I was younger (middle/high school) and didn't really think anything of it. That sounds bad written that way, but it's true. ha! Now, one of my cousins actually just went off to boot camp for Air National Guard. My family has written him lots of letters and it has been cool reading his responses and just seeing how his attitude and feelings changed, from being homesick to just dominating! This post gave me the reminder that I need to write him as well! I know your brother is going to love all his letters!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that everyone is writing your cousin letters. So many people have said that it makes such a difference for them when they get letters. :)

      Delete
  6. Letters to siblings in the military is a must. My brother is in the Navy. He went to Officer Candidate School at Pensacola and he would sometimes get weekends off and I'd make a meal out of my hot pot and we'd hang out and eat. He was super tired after his weeks but it was a huge blessing to spend that time together.

    I'm sure your brother appreciates those letters and that's nice of you to send them. Bootcamp is super hard and I think they need every ounce of encouragement they can get.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds so nice! My brother is going into Officer School too. I wish I lived closer so I cold do more for him. Sometimes I'm not sure what to write about so I just tell him about my day and that he's doing an awesome job.

      Delete

**I love reading all your sweet comments and love getting to know every single one of you. I do my best to respond to every comment and will do so via email. If you don't receive a response, you may be a no-reply blogger.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...