April 7, 2014

5 Things // Vol. 03

A Pinterest Party: Last week while I was in Joplin I went to my first ever Pinterest Party. This party was so fun! Your supposed to bring pinterest inspired food and a pinterest inspired gift. I'm a slack so I didn't bring food, but as a gift I brought some items from my shop. I had such a good time and I got to meet Courtney of A + Life. Blogger meet ups are the best and we each got each other's gifts!
My Favorite Pup: I got to hang out with my favorite pup, Zoe. She's really an old lady. Literally, she's 14 years old, that's pretty old for a dog. I'm a pretty big sap about seeing her. I always get really excited and then really sad when I have to leave.
Relaxing: After what felt like 4 solid days of moving, organizing, purging, packing, and donating we spent Saturday evening relaxing. Eating good food and veggie out on the couch watching Redbox movies. I was exhausted.
BBQ: I'm kind of obsessed with BBQ. Every time I'm in Joplin it's a must have in my book. Sunday afternoon we ate at Billy Sims, more on that later this week.
Saying Good Bye: We said good bye to my brother, dropping him off at the Army office. I thought maybe I would be really sad, but I was just really excited for him. We snapped a bunch of pictures together and then we headed back to my moms.

How was your week?!
  Follow along : Facebook / Twitter / Pinterest / Bloglovin / Shop

18 comments:

  1. ooooh that BBQ looks gooood!! We love some BBQ!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel like BBQ is a food group it's that good! :)

      Delete
  2. a pinterest party sounds SO fun!!! and that BBQ lookes delish!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was crazy fun! I had never been to one before and it was so cool. The funnest part was all the gifts because all the gifts are handmade! :)

      Delete
  3. Fun! I love that vase. I made the gold version for wedding decor. Now they are all over my house! I love them and they were pretty easy to make!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gold sounds so pretty! After I received this one I totally want to make some!

      Delete
  4. That BBQ looks amazing....and makes me so excited for summer parties! :)
    And- a relaxing evening of movies sounds so good! It was rainy this weekend....so we spent a good bit of time snuggled up with hot cocoa and doing that ourselves!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I miss summer parties in the mid-west! They are the best! They feel a little different here in the city. You had a rainy weekend!? I'm so jealous! I always get really excited for everyone who gets rain. Rain is rare here.

      Delete
  5. So great! I am excited for your brother too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I spent a couple of months thinking something horrible would happen to him. But then I moved into the excited part! I can't wait to hear about all of his adventures!

      Delete
  6. Have you guys tried Sawmill BBQ yet? SOooooo good. It's right next to Hackett's.

    So, how'd the glitter do? Did it get darned near everywhere?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not yet, but I remember someone telling me about. I'll have to check it out next time I'm in Joplin.
      Ha! The glitter vase is still in Joplin, but I'm bringing it home in May. I had to leave a couple things and I'll be back for a couple of days so I decided to pack light so I could fit everything in my suit case.

      Delete
  7. Oh that mason jar is amazing!! Love that!! And what a precious pup. I am a sucker for a great dog! Susan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We love dogs! We would would love to have one here in SoCal, but we don't want to get one until we have a yard.

      Delete
  8. I love the mason jar! I want to make one. And the flowers are gorgeous, too. The idea of a pinterest party sounds like so much fun to me :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so excited about the Mason Jar! We did a gift exchange where gifts could be stolen and someone stole it from me, but I was able to steal it back! Thank goodness!

      Delete
  9. Did you make that mason jar? I've been trying to paint one and can't figure out what type of paint I need to use to get it to apply evenly and opaque-- any suggestions?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't, I'm so sorry. Courtney of A + Life made it. You could ask her, she is super nice. :)

      Delete

**I love reading all your sweet comments and love getting to know every single one of you. I do my best to respond to every comment and will do so via email. If you don't receive a response, you may be a no-reply blogger.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...