March 27, 2014

Make It A Rockin' Vacation

Back with more vacation tips. That's right, it's all about making your vacation amazing. Easy tips, nothing to extraordinaire, but some things that we may forget in the hustle and bustle of life. 

1.) Make a plan: Have an idea of what you would like to enjoy while on vacation. Even if your plan is not to have a plan, make sure you know it. I'm headed home to spend time with my brother before he leaves for the Army. That's my plan, that means I won't be making lots of extra plans with other people. I knew from the beginning this trip would be to hang-out with him.

2.) Pack accordingly: This seams like a no-brainier, but I've learned to always take those extra items. Especially since I have been without them before. Check the weather, especially if you are going somewhere where the climate is completely different. Southern California weather is always warm and sunny. Joplin weather is always changing. 32º one day 70º the next. I'm not kidding.

3.) Don't forget your camera: Again, this doesn't seem like something we would easily forget, but more then likely we've almost forgot the batteries or the charger. Keep track of those memories, there won't be any other memories like them.

4.) Set a spending budget: You don't want to fly home only thinking about how much money you shouldn't have spent. Set you budget for your trip and stick to it. P.S. Set a budget that gives you a little wiggle room, you are on vacation.

5.) Say Yes: Vacation's can be filled with amazing experiences, don't say no to trying new things. Embrace your YES mentality. I'm headed home to see my brother and I'm really excited at whatever adventure we head out on. 
What are ways you make your vacation amazing? Have you had an vacation where you were unprepared?

 Follow along : Facebook / Twitter / Pinterest / Bloglovin / Shop

12 comments:

  1. I tend to remember all my photography stuff (batteries, cards, cameras) before I remember my underwear & socks :) haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the budget tip & the camera! I alwayyys have to scramble to find my charger, lens cap, something before leaving. I always remember the camera though ;) The budget is so important too, normally I just don't think about it because I've been so focused on the expenses to get there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tyler is always asking me if I remembered the camera charger because that is what I usually forget. :) It has been so helpful for us to set a spending budget. That way when we come home we're not sitting there looking at are finances feeling bad about everything we spent.

      Delete
  3. Love the last tip especially. Say yes! So many wonderful unexpected opportunities can arise during vacation. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely, and they make some of the best memories!

      Delete
  4. These are great tips! I love to travel, but I swear I always forget something!

    I am so glad I stumbled across your blog - I love it and I am a new follower!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad your here! We love to travel too! Every trip I probably learn something new about how to do it better the next time. :)

      Delete
  5. I really enjoy the planning and anticipation part when it comes to vacations!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's always so exciting! I don't ever get excited about travel until it's right around the corner and I'm preparing for it.

      Delete
  6. Say yes is really important. I will be going to Montreal soon alone and its going to be hard to say yes when I am by myself but its something that I know I should do. The best experiences come from saying yes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely! Traveling is such a great and enriching experience! I hope you have a blast in Montreal!

      Delete

**I love reading all your sweet comments and love getting to know every single one of you. I do my best to respond to every comment and will do so via email. If you don't receive a response, you may be a no-reply blogger.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...