March 4, 2014

My Forgotten Closet

Do you have items in your closet that you absolutely love, but don't often get to wear? Yay, me too. Some of my favorite pieces of clothing are one's that get lost in my closet because I don't often have an occasion to wear them. With this current conundrum, I've decided to start a mini series called My Forgotten Closet. While I get to share my every day style, I will also get to share some of my forgotten items. This outfit is one of them.

This skirt and jacket are two of my favorite items in my closet. I can wear this jacket with anything and it automatically dresses it up. This skirt is craz-mazing because it's the one skirt that is fitted and is high waisted. I feel very "grown up" when I wear it. Also, all of these pieces have been thrifted, minus the shoes. The shirt, the jacket, the skirt, and the belt. I picked everything up at a thrift store at one point or another. You can find the shoes here.
What are some of the forgotten items in your closet? Have you found some of you favorite pieces at thrift stores? 

Follow along : Facebook / Twitter / Pinterest / Bloglovin / Shop

20 comments:

  1. I love this outfit!! I bought a skirt similar to that when I was pregnant that I LOVED but now it doesn't work for obvious reasons and I have yet to find another replacement.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! That stinks about your skirt. I've had a couple of pieces that I've really like and then accidentally did something to them and then they didn't fit right anymore. I'm always pretty sad about it because our "clothing" budget is small.

      Delete
  2. i seriously find the best clothes as thrift stores! :) i love this outfit so much!!! so professional looking!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! It's so fun and exciting to find things at thrift stores because they are such good deals! :)

      Delete
  3. What a fantastic outfit, Samantha!

    http://agodfashionedlife.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Allison! The skirt is one of my favorite!

      Delete
  4. This is such a good idea! I realllllly need to go through my closet and revive some of the clothes I haven't worn in a while! I love your outfit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Sometimes I get sad because some of my favorite pieces never get worn. I figured this was the perfect idea. I would love to see some of your outfits! :)

      Delete
  5. You looks smoking, girl!!! :-) I love the idea of featuring items in your closet that you don't wear on a regular basis. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Some of those forgotten items are the best pieces. Classic and simple.

      Delete
  6. What a cute outfit! I love the shoes with the little flower thing on them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I felt super "grown up." I bought those shoes for my friends wedding. I really like them because they go with everything.

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Thanks Courtney! I want to see you strut some of your style! :)

      Delete
  8. I love when that happens! I try to go through all of my clothes on the last Friday of every month to get rid of things, but sometimes this happens and I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is such a good idea. We try to always go through our closets too. I love the feeling of getting rid of items, but I also love finding something I forgot that I had.

      Delete
  9. You are GORGEOUS. I gave away all of my pencil skirts after I left my corporate job but these pictures make me miss them....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! You are too kind! You should have kept at least one. :)

      Delete
  10. I love that outfit! You look so professional. :) I wear pencil skirts all the time - they are so comfortable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's the most professional outfit I own. I love that skirt, it's so fun! :)

      Delete

**I love reading all your sweet comments and love getting to know every single one of you. I do my best to respond to every comment and will do so via email. If you don't receive a response, you may be a no-reply blogger.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...