March 20, 2014

The Circle Maker

Thoughts:
I had a rough week last week. A majority of the time I feel like I have nothing to say. Things to share yes, but nothing to say. My brain processes visually, so sharing how I feel in words is tough. I feel like a majority of the time I am simply processing visual information. In real life I'm straight forward, to the point, and shoot from the hip. I sometimes make jokes that no one gets because they are sometimes really dry. Words aren't my strong suit which seems weird because I write a blog. I felt defeated last week, but in my defeat, God was shaping me. In my defeat God brought me closer to His heart, reminding me that He is all I need.

The Circle Maker:
Tyler and I have been reading through The Circle Maker with our small group. It has really challenged us both in the way we think about prayer and how we pray. We haven't finished it yet, but our prayer life has changed in drastic ways. Tyler and I have always been big dream chasers. This book has affirmed in us that God honors those big dreams; it's through those big dreams that His power is witnessed. We pray and dream for things that feel so impossible. That is what God wants from us, we know that only He can make those dreams come true.  I have written down 5 things that I will continue to circle in prayer. They feel impossible and I feel as I've been beaten. But I will continue to pray, I will not cease, I refuse to stop, until God moves or until God reshapes my dreams and prayers. I will continue to circle my prayers.

Last year we took a big risk. I quit my job. Logically we didn't have the money to do that BUT God was very clear with me. I felt it deep within my soul, I knew without a doubt that He would provide for us. He did, in impossible ways. When we did our taxes I saw just how much He provided for us. Last year we made more money then we did when I was working the previous year. It doesn't make any sense and it doesn't add up. But God made the impossible happen. That is what The Circle Maker is all about. It's about taking big risks, dreaming big dreams, and seeing God make the impossible happen.

"Nothing honors God more than a big dream that is way beyond our ability to accomplish. Why? Because there is no way we can take credit for it. And nothing is better for our spiritual development than a big dream because it keeps us on our knees in raw dependence on God." - The Circle Maker

Pray:
Don't forget about missionaries that aren't overseas. We spend a lot of time praying and thinking about those missionaries. Tyler and I know that where we are now is our mission field and this is the mission field that God has set before us. It's hard. We feel alone. We go into battle together, just the two of us, back to back. That is how we feel. It feels impossible, it feels like sometimes we're not strong enough for it. That it how I know we're right where we're supposed to be. Remember us in your prayers. Pray for wisdom and discernment. Pray for strength and understanding, pray that we are able to Love.

What's on your mind? 

Follow along : Facebook / Twitter / Pinterest / Bloglovin / Shop

22 comments:

  1. This was lovely. You have such a wonderful and kind spirit. I love that quote. God does provide even when we don't think it's possible. All glory should go to HIM even though we try to take credit for it sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AMEN! Thank you for your encouragement and kind words! I really appreciate it. It's tough sometimes writing those posts.

      Delete
  2. Isn't it so awesome how God provides in crazy ways when we just do what we think He's asked us to do?! For our second adoption we didnt have ANY of the money, but felt a very strong word from God saying we needed to do it, and RIGHT THEN. A couple weeks later, after all the paper work was done, our second son was born and we brought him home. We "owed" a TON of money, but within 2 weeks of him coming home EVERY SINGLE DOLLAR was paid off by provision! P.S. I'm definitely checking out that book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is amazing! God is so good! Thank you for sharing a part of your story! The book is so good and challenging. You should check it out! :)

      Delete
  3. i am the same way - i am very straight forward & to the point - so words don't come very easily for me. they come better when i write them down than when i'm talking out loud. and it feels so defeating sometimes! The Circle Maker seems like a good book to challenge me - i may just check into it! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is amazing! God is so good! Thank you for sharing a part of your story! The book is so good and challenging. You should check it out! :)

      Delete
  4. That is so awesome about seeing your finances in your taxes & how God provides. I love hearing stuff like that!
    Yep... we have so many missionaries in our own back yards that need support & prayer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was amazing! Crazy amazing! I just kept looking at the numbers thinking how amazing God is!

      Delete
  5. "Things to share yes, but nothing to say. My brain processes visually, so sharing how I feel in words is tough." YES. I am the same way, friend. I usually have so many thoughts running around in my head that I don't know how to put it all together so that it will make sense to someone else. It makes sense in my head, though!

    I love hearing about the ways the Lord has provided for you and Tyler, especially after you decided to quit your job and go full-time with your blog and shop. What you said about your mission field is spot on. We are all missionaries, just in different ways and places. We should always be living our lives as shining lights for Jesus no matter where we live. You and Tyler are definitely being prayed for, lady. Be encouraged that you have Jesus on your side as well as each other :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right! Sometimes people will ask me things and either I have a bunch of stuff pinging around in my head or there just isn't anything there. It's like I just take information in. That's how I get to know people too, because I always ask a lot of questions. Thank you so much for your kind words and encouragement. It's so inspiring to be encouraged by every one of you. :)

      Delete
  6. The Lord is obviously doing something in my life with "missions" because I kid not, it has been the hot word for about 3-4 weeks now. Everyone I know is talking about it. Our bible study talks about it. Our church... etc. Anyway, "Don't forget about missionaries that aren't overseas. We spend a lot of time praying and thinking about those missionaries. Tyler and I know that where we are now is our mission field and this is the mission field that God has set before us." I couldn't agree more. So so true. Love ya girl.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad God is putting missions one your heart! It can be tough sometimes, but we do our best to give it to God and trust that we are advancing His kingdom.

      Delete
  7. This post was great, Sam! We are all called to be missionaries- wherever we are- to show God's love and to share Jesus with everyone that we encounter. I so pray to be better about that than I am.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes it's hard to be a missionary right where we are. It's tough because we face so many different things here then we did in Missouri. It's amazing how many few Christians you run into. There are a lot of Christians in the entertainment industry which I think is amazing. It's just tough sometimes.

      Delete
  8. I love that quote!! so wonderfully convicting and inspiring!!

    "Nothing honors God more than a big dream that is way beyond our ability to accomplish. Why? Because there is no way we can take credit for it. And nothing is better for our spiritual development than a big dream because it keeps us on our knees in raw dependence on God." - The Circle Maker

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been such an inspiring book! The last couple of weeks it's been tough because our dreams really do feel impossible sometimes, But God encourages us to keep going.

      Delete
  9. PTL!! I love hearing stories of God answering huge prayers! Sounds like such an interesting read too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a great read! You should definitely check it out! God is so good!

      Delete
  10. amen and amen. we have to circle things in prayer...
    ...thank you for sharing your thoughts/heart on this...i needed to be reminded of it and read it today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I'm so glad it was helpful! I think it's easy sometimes to get discouraged. This book has really helped me to stay focused in my prayer life and keeping praying and praying, even when it feels impossible.

      Delete
  11. I read the Circle Maker a few years ago and it definitely changed my prayer life! Another good one to check out if you haven't yet is Sun Stand Still by Steven Furtick!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Circle Maker has been so good! I will definitely have to check out that other book.

      Delete

**I love reading all your sweet comments and love getting to know every single one of you. I do my best to respond to every comment and will do so via email. If you don't receive a response, you may be a no-reply blogger.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...