March 13, 2014

The Artist Guild: Painted Canvas

*Welcome to the Artist Guild, this is our opportunity to create together. The second Thursday of the month we come together to share our creative projects. There are eight creative activities that we'll be working on through September. To learn more, read here. We would love to have you join us and link-up your creative awesomeness!

Today's Artist Guild activity, paint a canvas

This was so fun! Intimidating, but fun! In the past the idea of putting paint on canvas felt pretty overwhelming. I know there are rules to painting and I would get stuck in those rules. But this was different. I don't think I had ever painted a canvas simply to paint a canvas. I painted this canvas for those sole purpose of putting paint on my canvas and it was so much fun!
When I start new creative endeavors I have to be able to just "play." I have to get comfortable with how the paint goes on the canvas, how it moves under my brush. That's what I did. I put paint on my canvas. I didn't think about any rules, I created something I thought was beautiful.
1. Link-Up your Artist Guild post below. Please link to the post and not your home page.
2. Be encouraging. Comment on the post before you and tell them how awesome they are!
3. Hashtag your creativity! #theartistguild




Our next Artist Guild link-up

 April 10th  : Attempt a new creative hair style
I chopped off all my hair, so the long hair styles I used to sport aren't going to work any more. This is about trying something new, get creative and be adventurous. Find something you love on Pinterest and give it a try.  

P.S. This is the best video ever. Watch it. 

  Follow along : Facebook / Twitter / Pinterest / Bloglovin / Shop



18 comments:

  1. I love your painting! It is so fun to paint uninhibited like this. Your painting reminds me of the painting in the video about color, where the artist used tints and shades of reds to paint the woman. So beautiful! Again, thanks so much for putting this together!
    LKC

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It was so fun! I'm so glad you painted and linked-up too.
      Tyler and I watched that video after I painted that canvas and Tyler pointed that out too. :)

      Delete
  2. Shoot dang that's so good! I really like it a lot. You did a good job using black without it overwhelming anything. Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I was really excited about it once I was done. I don't think I've ever painted anything like that.
      I'm so glad you linked-up! I loved seeing your paintings!

      Delete
  3. Love it Samantha! Great movement, and I am loving the texture to it! This prompt was by far my favorite yet!! :) Thank you again for hosting this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Katy! I'm so glad you liked the prompt! I had so much fun too!

      Delete
  4. That picture of you painting is gorgeous!
    I don't find myself artist in that sense, but I want to head out right now & buy a canvas to paint on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! You are too kind! It took me a long time to feel like an artist. But the more I try things the better I feel.

      Delete
  5. Your painting is gorgeous!!! I was all inspired to do a painting and link up and then I ran out of time!!! The painting is still going to be done, though, even if it's not for the linkup! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Susannah! I'm so glad you were inspired! You can totally still link-up if you want, it's open for a couple weeks. Either way, I look forward to seeing your painting! :)

      Delete
  6. I absolutely LOVE your painting. It's really beautiful with great textures and blending. It looks like something my husband would like to hang in his office, and that is a compliment! I think you've discovered a new talent! :) Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Susannah! I'm so glad you were inspired! You can totally still link-up if you want, it's open for a couple weeks. Either way, I look forward to seeing your painting! :)

      Delete
  7. what a great idea for a link up and absolutely love the painting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I hope it's inspiring! Painting is so hard for me, but I'm so glad I gave it a try.

      Delete
  8. I love your painting! And you look precious with your hair up like that. :)
    I JUST now submitted mine... a day late. I knew yesterday was the day to post, but ....a sick baby and only a few hours of sleep each night this week? Yea. I needed a nudge to get inspired.
    Anyway, looking forward to checking out the others!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm so glad you linked up! I was so excited to see your painting! No worries on submitting it late, I keep it open for a little to make sure everyone has a chance to participate. I hope your little one is doing better and that you're catching up on some sleep. :)

      Delete
  9. I agree with Amanda, you did a great job using black without it being an overwhelming factor. Or flat! That's a tricky thing to do. I soooo wanted to participate in this link up, but we just got all of our stuff out of storage last week and when I mentioned my painting supplies to Riley he looked at me like I was crazy. He had a point. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I had to much fun painting and loved being able to see everyone's work. I would have loved to see your painting! I would love to have you link-up for one of the other activities! :)

      Delete

**I love reading all your sweet comments and love getting to know every single one of you. I do my best to respond to every comment and will do so via email. If you don't receive a response, you may be a no-reply blogger.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...