March 24, 2014

Saying YES to the Unknown

This past weekend marked the anniversary of leaving my day job. It's been a whole year since I have had a "regular" job. Every time I think of that it's weird. On my last day of work I stopped by Tyler's work to pick him up. I hung out there for a little because I had gotten off earlier then him. Right before we left he had me go to his computer to "check" my facebook. The image above was what I found. Best husband ever. He had characterized me into my new creative adventure. Our friend Arut helped to.

It took a lot of courage to leave my day job. It's not like I had been blogging for years and years and had a steady readership, my shop wasn't even open yet. I literally dove in head first, and prayed that I wouldn't drowned. It was my sink or swim moment. Saying yes to the unknown is tough and really scary. But, big dreams don't come without great risk. "No sacrifice, no victory."
Saying YES to the Unknown

1.) Trust Jesus: The only way I had the courage to quit my day job was trusting in Jesus. I was afraid I would fail, I was afraid I was making the wrong decision. Every "what if" statement plagued my mind. Jesus gently told me it would be okay. He kept telling me he would provide for us. I couldn't have said Yes, without knowing Jesus would take care of us. I trusted 100% that he would. I knew even if I failed he wouldn't.  

2.) There will be things you sacrifice: When Tyler and I made the decision that I would quit my job we knew we would be making sacrifices, specifically monetary. We simply wouldn't be making as much money as before and we were going to have to re-work our financial goals. We tightened up our budget, said no to certain things and left the rest in Jesus' hands. Surprise! Jesus provided in HUGE ways, we made more money last year then we did when I was working. Mind Blown.

3.) You won't have it all figured out: You have to be willing to say yes even when you don't have it all figured out. You will constantly be learning. Embrace every learning opportunity that comes your way, those are the moments that will shape your journey.

4.) Embrace failure: It's going to be hard, very very hard and you will fail. Embrace those opportunities. Remember, with every great journey comes great risk and great opportunity to fail.  Keep go, push your failures aside and learn from them. The only true failure is not trying. Don't give up, keep learning and keep educating yourself.

5.) Remember it will be journey: Don't focus on any one else's journey but your own. Remember this is your journey. Don't compare yourself to someone else's journey and don't try to make your journey look like some one else's. Embrace your unique journey.

Are you ready to say yes to the unknown? What is holding you back?
P.S. Name that movie, "No sacrifice, no victory." 

 Follow along : Facebook / Twitter / Pinterest / Bloglovin / Shop

27 comments:

  1. I absolutely loved this entry! I struggle so much with stepping out of my comfort zone so this is a good reminder to put my faith in Jesus and trust Him. It's so easy to get comfortable where we are, but we're not here to be comfortable! Thanks for this positive reminder :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you found it encouraging! It was so hard for me to take that leap of faith. I was crying for weeks over it because it was so scary and I was so afraid I was making the wrong decision. I had so many conversations with Jesus and he kept telling me to trust him. So that's what I did. :)

      Delete
  2. I can finally come out of the woodwork!!! I discovered your blog because of the swap, but I didn't want to comment until I was sure you got your surprises. :)

    Taking steps into the unknown is probably the most difficult of things for me to do, but whenever I do I am pretty much only mostly glad that I did. It doesn't always work out or come without new struggles, but even those things make us more like Christ, so they are things we should smile about.

    Thanks for sharing your story of taking a step and what gets you through as you continue walking in it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you can finally come out of the woodwork! I was so excited last week when I got all your surprises! You out did yourself! The items you sent were from some of my favorite shops! :) I'm so glad my story is encouraging. The unknown is so scary, but I have found that simply trusting in Jesus through the unknown makes everything amazing. :)

      Delete
  3. Ahh this is all so true! I quit my day job a little over a year ago as well and even though I was terrified at first I had faith and God def hasn't let me drown!

    PS. You just made me realize that I haven't shared my story!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should share you story! It's so wonderful to be encouraged by seeing God work in everyone's life!

      Delete
  4. I love this post... I'm sitting here at my 'day job' & so frustrated & angry & tired of the office politics. Know God calls me to more... its taking that leap to do it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely! God has something amazing in store. His timing is always perfect too. I have had a lot of people ask me how I knew it was time to quit my job.
      I spent a lot of time in prayer and knew that is where God was leading me.

      Delete
  5. Oh girl. I feel like you wrote this post for meeee! Thanks so much for this insight and sharing your wisdom. You seriously took the plunge that I am praying about, but I'm still unsure of what direction God wants me to go. You've encouraged me, sweet friend. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That makes me so happy! I pray that God will use me to speak into other peoples lives! Keep praying and seeking God. He will guide you in the direction he wants you to go. Even if the direction feels scary, simply trust him! :)

      Delete
  6. you are so encouraging, you know that?! :)
    #3 is what i struggle with the most....i am a planner and love to have things figured out...but Jesus doesn't work that way!
    and #5 is something i am constantly reminding myself of! God has me on my unique path...and i shouldn't expect it to look like anyone else's!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are too sweet! You just made my day! I think you can still have plans, you just have to be willing to have the plans changed. I've always been the type of person to just dive into things, but I still have an idea of what I'm diving into, I just never know the outcome. I just trust Jesus to hold my hand as he guides me through it. He won't ever ask you to do it by yourself. He always wants to walk you through it.

      Delete
  7. Love this! First of all, I think a huge congratulations is in order! I so remember reading your posts about your new career (have I really been following along that long already? I honestly feel like I've known you for longer and yet I don't feel like I've been reading your blog for that long, too!) and I have loved following along this journey of yours. You truly are living a faith-filled life and for that I thank you for being such an inspiration in this blogging world. :) Congrats, friend!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's so strange that it has been that long. Every time I think that it has been a year I'm always surprised. It helps to keep me encouraged too. It's tough sometimes taking big risks, but Jesus is always right there with me helping me along the way.

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. Yay! I'm so glad! It's really tough sometimes and sometimes even feels impossible. But God makes the impossible happen everyday! :)

      Delete
  9. all of this is so true, and so encouraging. it is hard to pick one, but #3 i think resonates with me a lot right now. it is so easy to "picture" myself in a month or a year or two years and its not going to be anything i can even imagine - when will i ever get that!? and it is totally okay. :)

    so cool, and impressively awesome, of you to just completely embrace the unknown. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's a journey to be embraced! It's easy to want to picture it how we want it, but Jesus always has something far more extraordinaire then we could ever imagine. We just have to jump in and trust him. :)

      Delete
  10. How did I miss this yesterday on Bloglovin? I love love love the image that Tyler made for you, how awesome! Thank you for reminding me that with Jesus I can face all my fears.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so excited when Tyler made me that that I started to cry! It has been amazing watching Jesus work in our lives!

      Delete
  11. I love this post so much! And that image is so sweet! It's amazing to be able to chase after your dreams with a supportive spouse by your side.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tyler has been such an encouragement! I'm so grateful that he has rallied behind my dream!

      Delete
  12. Congrats on a full year of putting in the effort to pursue this passion in life! My husband and I are currently facing the task of stepping out into something really unknown--and I agree with all of your points, and I'm convinced it will be worth it in the long run, even with all the scary times along the way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's amazing how it can be exciting and scary all at the same time! I love being able to watch Jesus work in our lives when we take big leaps of faith! I hope your new journey goes well! :)

      Delete
  13. So inspired by you! What an incredible testimony to the faithfulness of Jesus, and the blessings that can come with walking into the unknown. I'm somewhat walking into unknown right now, and just having to remember that even if the road doesnt lead where I think it will, it'll lead to where He wants it to, and THAT'S all that matters. (Can you tell I'm preaching to myself, here?)

    Thanks for your inspiration! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad it was inspiring! It's one of my hopes that Jesus will use my testimony to help and encourage others. Sometimes when I forget how good Jesus is I remind myself, "where God guides, God provides.

      Delete

**I love reading all your sweet comments and love getting to know every single one of you. I do my best to respond to every comment and will do so via email. If you don't receive a response, you may be a no-reply blogger.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...