February 3, 2014

Gold Bottle Book-Ends

Last week I kept walking by my Downton Abbey Cookbook. It wasn't on a bookshelf, it wasn't in my kitchen, it was just sitting on a table. I then noticed that my other cookbooks were hanging out in random places. That didn't seem to make much sense to me. I decided they needed to go in the kitchen. That way every time I go in there I see them and I'm encouraged to cook from them.

Books can't stand alone, they need something pretty to keep them company. I have tons of glass bottles and glass jars. I would have more glass bottles, but I ran out of room in the cabinet. I knew that glass bottles would be perfect to create gold bottle book ends.
Supplies needed
Glass bottles, spray paint, glue of choice to attach bottles together.  

Method
Spray paint bottles, let dry, attach with glue of choice.  

Tip for apartment dwellers
We have large cardboard pieces that serve as a spray paint box. This provides a safe place for us to paint out front without getting paint everywhere.  

Tip for glue
I started using hot glue to attach the bottles. This is possible, but you have to be really careful because the glue will detach easily because of the paint. I'm going to try super glue as an alternative.
I secretly wish I could use spray paint for everything. I ask Tyler all the time if I can paint something with spray paint. Luckily, he knows best and tells me what works best and what doesn't. What have you painted with spray paint lately? Is there a gold painted DIY in your future?

Follow along : Facebook / Twitter / Pinterest / Bloglovin / Shop

8 comments:

  1. they're soo pretty samantha! well done x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mia! I was so excited with how they turned out!

      Delete
  2. ohhhhhhh my goodness. i am obsessed! i've been wanting to do this for a while! i have saved SO many glass bottles over the past couple years for projects that i may want to do sometime. also, i have gold spray paint! i need to do this DIY ASAP. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should do it!!!! And then you have to share it with us! I love spraying painting everything!

      Delete
  3. Love this! They look so good! I'm in love with gold right now. When we first got married I seriously spraypainted everything I Could get my hands on haha It's amazing how much you can do with it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm been pretty obsessed with gold too! I wish I could just have rows and rows of spray paint in our office. It's probably good that I don't because then Tyler would come home to something new spray painted every night.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks! I loved this project because it was so easy, but they turned out so pretty. It was super easy to work on it through out the day too. You know, go out side spray paint a little, let them dry, go outside again and spray paint.

      Delete

**I love reading all your sweet comments and love getting to know every single one of you. I do my best to respond to every comment and will do so via email. If you don't receive a response, you may be a no-reply blogger.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...