February 11, 2014

Gold Inspired Valentine Cards

Last week I shared some gold bottle book-ends and I confessed my obsession with spray painting everything. Before Christmas I was riffling through some plain stationary cards and it hit me. I can spray paint these! I really do want to spray paint everything. I thought these would be perfect for some last minute Valentine cards. Agreed? These are crazy easy and take less then 10 minutes.
Supplies needed
Stationary of choice, spray paint of choice, painter's tape, cardboard.

Method
Tape cards onto cardboard using painter's tape. Design the tape to your hearts content. Spray  paint over cards, let dry, remove tape. Easy peasy!

Taking it further
If you're feeling ambitions you could even add spray paint to the inside of the card. I was thinking it might be fun to spray paint a box on the inside and write your message there.
What do you think? Do you have an plain stationary cards that could use some paint?
P.S. The Artist Guild link-up is Thursday. Join the creative journey and share a poem with us. 
Follow along : Facebook / Twitter / Pinterest / Bloglovin / Shop

14 comments:

  1. that is such a neat idea & a great way to spruce up those blank cards!! i love spray painting & have never even thought of spray painting cards, but this is perfect! yes. i think i may do this!! :)

    yours came out so awesome by the way!!! i don't know if you are a harry potter fan, but they look like gryffindor cards to me! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I hope you make some! I would love to see them! They are so easy too. :)

      Delete
  2. this is a great idea! Sometimes when you get the large packs, a little sprucing up is all you need. :)

    ~Katy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed, and it's nice to personalize them each individually too.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you! They are so easy. It's so hard for my not want to paint everything with spray paint.

      Delete
  4. i love gold everything and this adds that perfect personal touch to notecards! i would send these out year round :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I'm a little concerned that all my notecards will turn into spray painted cards. But at the same time I'm totally okay with it.

      Delete
  5. Those look so awesome! I've never thought about spray painting cards before. That's smart!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I like to stick with easy DIY's. Quick and easy.

      Delete
  6. LOVE these! they are so GRYFINDORY!!!!

    ReplyDelete

**I love reading all your sweet comments and love getting to know every single one of you. I do my best to respond to every comment and will do so via email. If you don't receive a response, you may be a no-reply blogger.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...