February 12, 2014

Goode Ol' Days Antiques & 3 Cent Postage Rate

Tyler and I love antiquing. Before we moved to California my friend Caitlin and I would go antiquing all the time. I miss it. A LOT. Last weekend while Tyler and I were in Clovis (aka Fresno) we hit up some great antique shops. Downtown Clovis is lined with antique shops and they are full of the most amazing items.

Every time we're in an antique shop we always find some amazing piece of furniture that we want. But, hello, expensive. We try to stick to much smaller purchases, fun, but inexpensive. This particular shopping experience we came away with something I'm crazy excited about. A 1953 postal scale. I recently purchased an electronic scale. It works just fine, BUT this postal scale is my favorite and absolutely fantastic. One of my favorite things about the scale is that it tells you the postage cost... its starts at 3 cents. Amazing, right? I was so excited to share this that I haven't even taken the booth sticker off yet. Classy, right?
Other fantastic items we came away with; vintage postcards, vintage maps, and we picked up one vintage book. I can't wait to do some projects with these items! 
Do you like antiquing? What has been one of your favorite finds?
 P.S. The Artist Guild link-up is tomorrow. Join the creative journey and share a poem with us. 
Follow along : Facebook / Twitter / Pinterest / Bloglovin / Shop

16 comments:

  1. I LOVE antiquing! Like you guys though, we usually stick to the smaller, less pricey pieces! It's so fun to find things that are unique and you love! The best is when you see something sticking out from under a pile and you dig it out and it is AWESOME!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right! We always look for items under $5. Everything we picked up was only a $1 and the scale was about $11 so we were pretty excited about it. Everything we found we had to dig for too, they were all awesome surprises! :)

      Delete
  2. I love antiquing but can't afford it!! I still love looking though! But I've never found anything nearly as cool as that postage scale, it looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We love antiquing in Clovis. It's not as fun in Burbank. Everything here is way over priced, so it's way awesome when we can find stuff in Clovis. Antiques can be crazy expensive. We always look for items that are less then $5.

      Delete
  3. oh my goodness! that is the most amazing find!!! i'm a tad jealous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was kind of freaking out about it! There were actually three different scales, and we picked out this one because it was kind of right in the middle on size and price. We have a couple of other vintagy office items, we're pretty excited to have them all together.

      Delete
  4. i LOVE vintage things. this postage scale is amazing! we have an antique shop in chattanooga called "the knitting mill" and it is super fun to walk through and look at everything! most everything is incredibly expensive, but sometimes you can find cute items for less :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Omgosh! I could visit vintage shops everyday! The vintage shops in Burbank are crazy expensive. So when we're in Clovis we try to find less expensive and fun finds.

      Delete
  5. I love vintage postcards! I just added another one to my collection yesterday. Your Arc de Triomphe one is pretty! (: I'm on the lookout for a cute vintage apron still.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vintage postcards are the best, because you can do so many different things with them. Vintage clothing is tricky, because it can be kind of expensive. I'm sure you'll find one that is amazing, though. :)

      Delete
  6. Oh, man. Remember the hours I would spend looking thru old photos?! My goodness, it's been toooo long.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, We would have had so much fun in Clovis. There were so many great finds.

      Delete
  7. I love antiquing! One of my favorite finds is my jewelry box. I think it's dated back to the 1930's and it is in such great condition! I do love vintage postcards, though! There's a great shop on Savannah, GA that sells vintage Parisian postcards and I love them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I vintage jewelry box! Wow, that sounds amazing! Have you ever shared it on your blog? I'm just curious because I would love to see it.

      Delete
  8. I absolutely love antiquing!! One of my best finds was an antique quilt. It was in beautiful condition, and they were only asking $5 for it! Yes please :)

    ~Katy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Antique quilts are the best! They are such great quality.

      Delete

**I love reading all your sweet comments and love getting to know every single one of you. I do my best to respond to every comment and will do so via email. If you don't receive a response, you may be a no-reply blogger.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...