January 23, 2014

Dream Big, Work Hard

Tyler and I sat down and wrote this post together. Whenever I think about dreaming big I think of Tyler. I've watched him chase after his dreams and I've watched Jesus shape him as he chases those dreams. I wanted Tyler's voice apart of this post because he had a dream and he has worked to make it happen. Watching him work to achieve his dreams has inspired me to chase my own dreams.

Between the two of us we've written down what is has taken for both of us to chase after our dreams and we're sharing them with you.

1. Be willing to take risks. With every great journey comes great risk and great opportunity to fail. Embrace those opportunities. Be ready to learn. Set out to educate yourself. Learn your craft and keep soaking up new information.

2. Work hard and be willing to work through the trenches. We all start in the trenches, where it's gritty and everything feels impossible. Work hard through those trenches, maintain a strong work ethic and stay focused. Don't be distracted by others who have already made it out of the trenches. 

3. Leave your ego at the door. Be honest with yourself about where you are in the mastery of your craft. Be open to critiques and improving your work. Don't be a jerk and be easy to work with. Be someone who people love to work with; open minded, excited, encouraging. Remember it's a collaborative journey.

4. Set realistic goals. Create small goals to achieve larger goals. Remember why you're doing this... don't be discouraged by the trenches, stay focused on why you enjoy what you are doing. Remember that moving forward is the key and if it is in small steps than that is okay.

5. Surround yourself with people who will help you succeed. Don't let cynicism or the complacency of other's drag you down. Surround yourself with others who are as excited as you are to succeed. Collaboration is most effective with others who are engaging in a positive way.

Most important, Trust in God... you are not in control. Remember Jesus instilled this dream in you. Stay focused on His dream. Trust through every trench and every stride. The measurement of success is defined in Him not in this world.

What has it taken you to chase your dreams?
 Follow along : Facebook / Twitter / Pinterest / Bloglovin / Shop

10 comments:

  1. This encourages me so much! I'm making a job change soon and I'm nervous, sad, and anxious. I need to trust more in God that he will provide for me just like he did with my current job. Thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad it was encouraging! Your new job will be great! Where God guide, God provides!

      Delete
  2. so, that last sentence.....golden! thank you for the encouragement & reminder!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad it was encouraging! It's helpful for me when I write those kind of reminders too. :)

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm so glad it resonated with you! Sometimes big dreams can be taunting, but I love that Jesus always guides us through them.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. I consider that a high complement from you. :) Thanks friend!

      Delete
  5. Faith, has been the biggest for me, in all that He is, and all that He has planned. Love this post (and really all of yours)! :)

    ~Katy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Katie! I wouldn't be were I am today without taking big leaps of faith and trusting in Jesus.

      Delete

**I love reading all your sweet comments and love getting to know every single one of you. I do my best to respond to every comment and will do so via email. If you don't receive a response, you may be a no-reply blogger.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...