January 21, 2014

A Little Black Dress

We went from freezing temps over Christmas to sunny 70º. Did you see our family photo shoot? We were freezing. When we were reviewing photos we jumped in the van to stay warm. Returning to California meant returning to warmer weather.  Which, when it comes to putting together an outfit I have, for the most part, acclimated to California weather. Light layers, scarves, and boots.

I also live for dress weather. Dresses can be the most comfortable and flattering piece of clothing.  A dress with boots is my bread and butter, you can't go wrong. I'm also over the moon about this scarf I received, from Natalie, during the Great Christmas Exchange. I love the variety of textures and the possibility that it can be warn with any outfit.
And because it's my M.O. I wouldn't dare to leave you without the best part. The outtakes. The outtakes are my favorite part, because the outtakes share pieces of who we really are.
This first photo of on the left is my typical first pose. I stand there with my arms out and say... "What do I do." For real, it takes me running around like a goof ball doing weird things before I get serious. Exhibit the second picture, me doing something weird, and picture three, me making a weird face.
And then near the end of the photo shoot when I've run out of ideas I get even weirder. First picture, me attempting a "model" pose. Classy, right? Second pose, I thought it would be a good idea to pose like a boxer, because of course that would be a good picture... ? Third picture, me falling out of a pose and when I heard the shutter release, I thought perfect, that will be the one.

What is the bread and butter or your closet?
Follow along : Facebook / Twitter / Pinterest / Bloglovin / Shop

32 comments:

  1. This is so funny! And that dress is awesome! I have wondered about doing some outfit posts but am too afraid I'll be dorky! Ha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! We're try to have fun when we do photo shoots. You should do some outfits posts! I would love to see them! :)

      Delete
  2. bahahaha. stop it. your photoshoots are the BEST. LOVE that dress, girl. i'm am SO ready for dress weather again. i'm craving 70 degree weather so i can put on a sundress and a cute pair of shoes and not worry about 5 other layers to keep me warm :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let's just house swap for a week. Two weeks of cold weather covered in layers wasn't quite enough for me. But it was nice to come back to sunny weather! :) I would love to see an outfit post of you covered in 5 layers!

      Delete
  3. That is a beautiful dress! I like that it isn't too short since that's always an issue of mine. It has been warm here lately over the weekends, but then during the week it's 40 again. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's kind of tricky to find just the right length. Because I'm short I sometimes run into dresses being to long.

      Delete
  4. The dress is so pretty!! And I love that you added in the outakes from your shoot lol thats exactly how i would look

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's one of my favorite dresses. We have a lot of fun doing photo shoots. It just make more sense to post silly ones, because that's how we all usually feel standing in front of the camera.

      Delete
  5. hahaha these are fantastic. and i am secretly so happy it's dress weather here again :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dresses are so easy to wear and are the best at accessorizing! :)

      Delete
  6. Love your new haircut, Samantha!

    http://agodfashionedlife.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Allison! It was so fun! I think about it every year, but this year finally took the plunge! :)

      Delete
  7. you're cute, love that dress!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Eden! It's a favorite! Tyler and I had a lot of fun that day! :)

      Delete
  8. LOVE IT! Oh man, after actually seeing you and talking with you, these pictures (and outtakes) make so much more sense! Love it! Plus, that scarf! I was wondering where you got it, when I saw you with it! Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  9. that dress is so adorable!! love the outtakes!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Robyn! Target is the best for dresses! ... Well, and TJ Maxx. :)

      Delete
  10. THAT DRESS.

    Seriously, it's adorable. Partly because you look so freakin' happy and comfortable in it. :) And, the outtakes are my FAVORITE because those are usually the best shots I can get.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! We had so much fun! It always takes me a while to figure out how to take a picture and not look like a total goof, but those are definitely some of the best photos. :)

      Delete
  11. I love your dress! This is a great outfit, and would be perfect for so many occasions! Your outtakes always make me smile. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! That's one reason why I like it so much. It's really easy to dress up or down.

      Delete
  12. You're so cute!!!! :-) I'm so jealous that you're having dress weather down there! I'd love that here! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I do love dress weather, but I also miss cold snowy weather. I miss rainy weather too.
      It was nice coming home to nice sunny weather though. :)

      Delete
  13. girl. you HAWT. also, i love that weather you have going on! I am heading to FL in a couple weeks and i hope it is warm enough for things like that :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your comments always make me laugh! In a good way, of course! Florida will be great! I lived there for a little after college. Crazy humid, but totally fun!

      Delete
  14. Love your dress! I am giving away a Starbucks Verismo Brewer on my blog. I would love if you would check it out. http://thediaryofarealhousewife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's one of my favorite dresses! It's the best to wear for multiply occasions.

      Delete
  15. Thanks for showing us the outtakes! LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your welcome! Thanks for loving them! The outtakes are my favorite! Plus it shows up nuts I am!

      Delete
  16. Nice outtakes - I really do need to save up all of mine for a "best of" post every once in a while, haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The outtakes are my favorite. I feel like they make us more human.
      I love when other's share their outtakes! You should totally do it. :)

      Delete

**I love reading all your sweet comments and love getting to know every single one of you. I do my best to respond to every comment and will do so via email. If you don't receive a response, you may be a no-reply blogger.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...