January 15, 2014

Meet the Family

This Christmas when Tyler and I traveled home, my mom asked if we could do a family photo shoot. I'm always on board to do a photo shoot so I chatted with my friend Caitlin and we made it happen. Usually my mom requests family photo shoots when a big life event is about to occur. In this occasion the big life event is my brother going into the Army. He leaves for basic training on April 1st and then he'll go directly into Officer School.
My brother is one of my favorite people. I'm his biggest fan and I am so proud of him for making this decision. Let's be honest, I was a little freaked out. But I know he is going to do awesome! My brother is one of the greatest people. He is encouraging, patient, kindhearted, open minded, generous, and has never said one bad thing about anyone.
One of my favorite things about my brother is that I know he just wants to see me smile ... At least that's what I think. This is my favorite photo of us.
My mom is a beauty and we are freakishly linked. We talk every single day... unless I'm traveling, then it's a little more sporadic. The very first time people see my mom and I together they usually don't think we look alike. But then I tell them that my brother looks a lot like my dad and I look more like my mom and then they see us all together and it makes more sense.
P.S. We took these photos on a super cold morning. I kept joking with my brother that he was so cold because he has 0% body fat. That's not actually true, but I like to crack those kind of jokes because he is awesome at staying fit. Also, a big thank you to Caitlin for bearing the cold with us! You are awesome and I love you! - Samantha

14 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you! We have a lot of fun together and try to soak up as much time together over the holidays.

      Delete
  2. great pictures & beautiful family!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! My good friend Caitlin takes the best photos!

      Delete
  3. That photo of you and your brother = priceless. I adore it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome pics!!! We saw your brother at Logan's
    the other night and chatted with him a minute!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Diana! I'm so glad you guys got to chat with him. I think he's pretty cool. :)

      Delete
  5. They turned out great! You guys are such pro's at having photos taken.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We couldn't have done it without you! Thank for being so amazing!

      Delete
  6. I looooved meeting your family! I love getting to know bloggers a little better, and since I'm also a family-lover, this post was a perfect read. What great photos that I know must be super special for all of you! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! These photos do mean a lot to me especially since my brother will be leaving soon.

      Delete
  7. Aww beautiful family and thank you to your brother for protecting our country (: Susan

    ReplyDelete

**I love reading all your sweet comments and love getting to know every single one of you. I do my best to respond to every comment and will do so via email. If you don't receive a response, you may be a no-reply blogger.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...