January 29, 2014

The Artist Guild

Remember this list I made? I am learning why I don't make these kinds of lists. I'm not super great at accomplishing them. Some of the items on the list; sending birthday cards on time, weekly date night, or visit Point Dume. Those are easier for me to accomplish because I have more opportunity to think about them. Someone's birthday is coming up, check. Card in the mail. I see Tyler every day so if we haven't been on a date I  know about it.

But the creative stuff that I listed is super easy for me not to think about. All day my mind is running with creative thought. That list is the least of my concern. So in my attempts to actually complete the list, I've decided I'm going to have to blog the heck out of those creative goals and I would LOVE for you to join me!


WHAT IS IT?
The Artist Guild is an opportunity for us to create together. I've compiled the creative goals from my list and each month I will document my creative process and provide a link-up for you to join in too. Sound fun? I think so! Plus I will actually be required to complete these tasks. 

TIMELINE & TASKS
We'll be sharing our creative accomplishments once a month; the second Thursday of every month. There are 8 tasks. We'll be wrapping this up in September. Remember, creating is about the process and the experience. You don't have to be an "artist" to participate, it's all about trying fun new things and getting creative.

February 13th  : Write a poem 
I have zero concept of rules when it comes to art and poetry. Slap down some words and call it a poem. Just have fun. P.S. This could totally be a sappy Valentines Poem.

March 13th  : Paint a canvas 
Big, small, easy, difficult. You choose. Spend time creating on canvas. Remember this doesn't have to look like a masterpiece. It's just about putting paint on a canvas. Kenzie provides at great example here.

April 10th  : Attempt a new creative hair style
I chopped off all my hair, so the long hair styles I used to sport aren't going to work any more. This is about trying something new, get creative and be adventurous. Find something you love on Pinterest and give it a try. 

May 8th : Adventure around your town on bike
I threw this one in because I'm highly concerned it may never happen unless it's on this list. If you're not into biking around town, that's cool. Go somewhere you've never been and share you adventure with us.

June 12th : Spend an afternoon life drawing 
Life drawing is simply drawing people you see around you. It doesn't have to look pretty. It's about sketching, capturing motion and shape. Check out one of my attempts here and here.

July 10th  : Paint one water color painting in photoshop 
Non-photoshop users, you can use any outlet you wish. You can water color on paper or any platform you like. Again, remember, it's not a masterpiece, it's about the experience. Tip: find something that you can paint over. When I paint in photoshop I found something I can paint over to practice and get a better understanding of shape and shading.

August 14th  : Share one non-related blog photo shoot
I used to take photos all the time, not at all related to blogging. Step away from your blog content, grab some friends and take their photo. You don't have to have a big fancy camera for this task. It's about breaking away from your blog.

September 11th : Vlog
That's right, you read that right. We're going to vlog. Recap your experience with The Artist Guild; what you learned, which tasks you loved, which tasks you didn't love. What you would love to see in the list next time.

What do you think? Are you up for it? Let me know your thoughts.

  Follow along : Facebook / Twitter / Pinterest / Bloglovin / Shop

22 comments:

  1. What a fun idea! I have little-to-no artistic creativity, but I'll look forward to your creations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm really looking forward to it! I would love to have you join in. You don't need artistic creativity. It's all about the experience. :

      Delete
    2. Okay, you've convinced me. I'm posting about it on my blog on Tuesday of next week, and I'll start working on my poem. That's probably the ONE I can do. :)

      Delete
    3. Correction.. it'll go live Monday. I basically wrote out a few of the details you mentioned here and then told people to come back here to your blog if they want to participate.

      Delete
    4. Thanks Bethany! That is so awesome of you! Thank you so much for sharing! I can't wait to have your participate!

      Delete
  2. so much fun, creative things!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Robyn! I hope you join in! The more the merrier! It will be great to see everyone's creative journey!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. I'm so excited! I can't wait to see all your creations! This is going to be so fun!

      Delete
  4. ooooh i like this idea! i will hopefully get to participate in at least some of it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you do! I was thinking about you when I was getting this together. You would be great at this stuff because of your artsy skills!

      Delete
  5. I would love to join in!!! Lauren @cornwellfam.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I'm so excited to see your creations! Can't wait!

      Delete
  6. OH I should do this! (even though I already missed the first one. Do you send out email reminders? lol! If so, I am in!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should! I haven't sent emails yet, but I'm going to! :)

      Delete
  7. Ummm this is FANTASTIC. I'm late to the party but I'm definitely joining in! What a great idea, Samantha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, yes, yes! I'm so excited about you joining in!

      Delete
  8. This is AWESOME!!! I am late to the party but looking forward to joining in late!! So delighted to have discovered your blog!
    :) Rebecca
    www.caravansonnet.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I'm so glad! I can't wait to see your creative projects! :)

      Delete
  9. I'm so excited Meg from Me with the Three) posted about this. What a great idea! Hope to join in next month!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I hope you do! It's really fun! I have had a lot of fun challenging myself in different ways. :)

      Delete
  10. Is it too late to join! I love art and this link up seems perfect!! Great idea :)

    ReplyDelete

**I love reading all your sweet comments and love getting to know every single one of you. I do my best to respond to every comment and will do so via email. If you don't receive a response, you may be a no-reply blogger.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...