January 2, 2014

A Year of Faith

2013 was a year of change for our family and changes that required big leaps of faith. I think sometimes it's easy to overlook all the amazing ways Jesus provides for us. I didn't want to forget and I wanted to share with all of you our amazing experiences. We have learned many many times that when we step out in faith, God shows up. He's constantly reminding me of His goodness. It's not in God's nature to fail, He just doesn't. He is good, gracious, merciful, present, caring, and always taking care of us.

In March I quit my day job. I was working at a job that was, by nature, a stressful job. Through that experience I knew it wasn't the place for me. I was overwhelmed, overly tired, depressed, and struggling with anxiety, something I had never really struggled with before. Tyler and I talked a lot about my work situation and we began to pray about what steps to take next. I began to share with Tyler the idea of pursuing a more creative venture. We knew financially it would be difficult, almost impossible to go down to one income. But God kept telling us to trust Him, that He would provide. I was totally freaked out... "What if I failed?" A series of "what ifs" constantly plagued my mind. Again, God reminded me, He doesn't fail. I knew that even if I thought I failed, that He wouldn't.

From the moment I quit my job Tyler and I started stepping out in faith.
God showed up in big ways.

- Financially on paper we were in the red. But God provided and every month we had enough and sometimes we had extra money. (mind=blown)

- In April, I opened my Etsy shop. It has continued to grow and I'm so honored and thankful for all of you who have showered me with support and encouragement.

- Tyler and I both took on a ton of freelance work a the beginning of summer, something we didn't know we would have. 

- In May, we traveled to South Dakota for our dear friends wedding. Something we never thought we would be able to do, but God provided.

- In July, I was able to travel to Joplin for another friends wedding. Financially we weren't sure it could happen but God provided. 

- In July, we traveled to Iowa for the Shivers Family Reunion. Another amazing blessing God provided.

- In August, our Fresno Family invited us to Cambria. A huge blessing to experience something so beautiful. 

- In September, surprise financing came in which allowed Tyler to do AnimSquad.

- In October, Tyler entered the Animation Guild. This allowed me health coverage which I lost when I quit my day job.

- In November, Thanksgiving with our Fresno Family, visiting Yosemite, and having something special given to us. God provided. 

- In December, traveling to Joplin to spend the holidays with our families. God provided.

We knew that God couldn't move unless we were willing to step out in faith first. God is constantly working in our lives even when we can't see it. He just wants us to trust Him. He'll take care of everything else. We honestly can't wait to see what God has in store for us this year. We're trusting that God will show up in huge amazing ways this year too. I trust it to be true. I have faith He'll show up for you too.

12 comments:

  1. Praise the Lord! He is good and He provides!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed! He is so good! And we're so excited about his provision for this year!

      Delete
  2. What a great testimony. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an amazing testimony of the provisions of the Lord! This was definitely a post I needed to read today! God does continue to provide when we step out in faith!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad it resonated with you and that is was encouraging! God is so good!

      Delete
  4. I didn't realize that you were a fellow California girl! My adoration of you just grew times ten! :) Your faith in the face of SUCH an eventful year is beautiful and inspiring and faith-expanding for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad it was encouraging! Fellow California girls unite!

      Delete
  5. This is an amazing post and testimony to the love that God has for each of us and how He provides! Thank you for writing this, it was something I really needed to read today.

    ~Katy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad it was so encouraging! I can't wait to see how God provides for us this year!

      Delete
  6. Samantha, I'm so glad I found your blog! Looking forward to hearing about how God moves in your life in 2014.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad to be connecting! I was so glad that you joined #greatchristmas2013 too!

      Delete

**I love reading all your sweet comments and love getting to know every single one of you. I do my best to respond to every comment and will do so via email. If you don't receive a response, you may be a no-reply blogger.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...