January 13, 2014

Good Bye Long Hair ... Hello Short Hair

Welcome to the official holiday vacation recap week! Two wonderful weeks spent in the mid-west, hanging out with friends and family, eating at some of my favorite restaurants and chopping off all my hair! It's been a ridiculous amount of years since I chopped off all my hair. I've had it cut at random times. I'll have weekends where I chop at it myself, but it has been 7 years since it has been short. I couple weeks before Tyler and I were headed home for the holidays I started contemplating having my hair cut. I usually go back and forth on the yes or not part and during that time I peruse different styles. There are lots of "yes, I totally want to do this" and then, "oh, but I really like my long hair."  In the end, the short hair won and I love it.
My stylist, Kelly, is AMAZING! For real. She was my stylist before moving away, she did my hair for our wedding, which was awesome and she cuts hair like nobodies business. I'm slightly skeptical that I'll find a stylist that I love as much as her, in Burbank. I love the way she cuts hair. She has such a great feel for style, body, and creativity. When she was finished cutting my hair I sat in the chair staring at my hair and told her in these exact words, "Kelly, you are the best hair cutter ever." If you live in Joplin and are looking for a great stylist, look Kelly up at Derma-Tech. SHE IS AMAZING!
It was totally weird to feel my hair short, but it was so fun! I'm really excited to come up with fun new hair styles. It will be a fun challenge! Thank you Kelly for being so amazing!

32 comments:

  1. It looks so great! I had my hair cut over the holidays, but chickened out from getting it cut short and now I regret it. I only got an inch or two off, but now I still to chop more off. Maybe next time?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Omgosh! I would love to see your hair short! If you DO cut it I hope you share it with us! :)

      Delete
  2. ahh! love it SO much!!! it's always a weird sensation to go from super long to super short but it feels so great!!! every time i cut it short i forget to use less shampoo the first time i wash it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It has been so fun! That happens to me too with the shampoo and I always get excited about it because with long hair I always felt like I didn't have enough shampoo.

      Delete
  3. i love your hair! It's so cute :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Britney! It has been great fun, can't wait to share new hair styles!

      Delete
  4. OH MY GOSH it's so cute!! she did such a great job! in highschool and most of college i had shoulder length hair and finally started growing it out after i graduated college. i've LOVED having long hair, but sometimes i wonder what it would be like to have short hair again. it looks so good on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It always takes me a really long time to decide if I want to cut it because I LOVE long hair, but because I wait so long when I finally do decide I love having short. It will be really tricky when it starts to grow out though. I only ever like my hair when it's really short or really long. The in-between stage isn't very fun.

      Delete
  5. looks gorgeous!! I love how daring you are! I have been tossing around the idea of a short angled bob for myself and I think this post confirmed it to me that I am doing it! You're so cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Eden! You are to kind! Omgosh! I can't wait to see you with new hair! :)

      Delete
  6. Oh my goodness, I loooooooove it! Like seriously, I've always been a huge fan of your lovely locks, but this short hair looks so pretty on you! I can't wait to see how you style it, girl! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It has been a really fun change! I'm so excited for lots of new hair styles and I'm kind of concerned. I felt like I got pretty good at long hair, now comes the challenge of short hair.

      Delete
  7. So brave! You look beautiful. If my hair were that tame and shiny, I would do the same.

    ReplyDelete
  8. SO short and SO adorable! that look is wonderful on you!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Thank you! Can't wait to try some new styles!

      Delete
  9. Replies
    1. Thank you! It has been so fun to change things up!

      Delete
  10. Replies
    1. Thank you! I love that it was new for the new year!

      Delete
  11. Replies
    1. Thanks Elizabeth! It's so fun to have short hair!

      Delete
  12. Your short hair looks adorable!!! Definitely a good choice! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. that suits you perfectly!! I love it!! Susan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Susan! It has been such a fun change!

      Delete
  14. Your new cut looks so good! I've been trying to decide when to cut my hair off. Just when I think I am finally ready, I freak out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally understand. I think about cutting my hair every year, but usually freak out. I always wait until I'm 100% ready that way I can be really excited about it.

      Delete
  15. It looks so great! I am waaaay too scared to chop my hair off, so I am impressed by your guts. And it was totally worth it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jenny! I always hold out until I'm ready. I was so ready this year that I was walking up excited about getting my hair cut.

      Delete
  16. IT'S SO CUTE! Excellent choice. Not that you wouldn't look fabulous any day of the week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amanda! It has been so fun! And it's proven to be easier to style, since there isn't that much hair. :)

      Delete

**I love reading all your sweet comments and love getting to know every single one of you. I do my best to respond to every comment and will do so via email. If you don't receive a response, you may be a no-reply blogger.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...