December 18, 2013

The Holly Wreath


The Holly Wreath

The Holly Wreath symbolizes the crown of thorns worn by Jesus at Calvary.

It's red berries represent the blood he shed for the forgiveness of our sins.

The endless circle is eternal life obtained through him.  

I'm not sure where I got this ornament. 
I feel as though I've always had it. 
I  think it's a beautiful representation of the spirit of  Christmas and the hope we have in Christ.
The spirit of Christmas is hope.
The spirit of Christmas is salvation.
The spirit of Christmas is healing.
The Spirit of Christmas is love. 



8 comments:

  1. I love all of the symbolism that the holly wreath holds. To be honest, I've actually never heard of it before! But I love that it holds so much meaning and is such a simple (yet beautiful!) representation of Jesus and His birth during the Christmas season. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't know the symbolism either, it was until I got the ornament. Once I learned what it was I loved seeing it hang on my tree! :)

      Delete
  2. love this! i don't think i'd ever heard the symbolism behind the holly wreath! it's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it so much, it's so beautiful! I wish I remember where I got it! That way I could send one to all of you!

      Delete
  3. I've never heard the sybolism behind the Christmas wreath. That's so special and I LOVE the ornament!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's so neat. I love it captures the true meaning of Christmas and Christs love for us!

      Delete
  4. that is an awesome ornament & love what it stands for! i've never heard of what the holly wreath symbolizes before - beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so amazing how God shows us his love in different ways. I love having it hang on our tree! :)

      Delete

**I love reading all your sweet comments and love getting to know every single one of you. I do my best to respond to every comment and will do so via email. If you don't receive a response, you may be a no-reply blogger.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...