December 16, 2013

My Favorite Holiday Gift: Pretzel Rolos

Today I'm sharing one of my favorite holiday desserts and joining Mia of Mossy Jojo for a DIY Christmas Challenge. I'm not even sure which Christmas I started making these, but once I started there was no turning back. I love making these for my co-workers and Tyler's co-workers. This year, I'm lacking in the co-worker department, but I still made these for Tyler's co-workers.
Have you seen the fancy version of these? You know the ones with a pecan smashed on top? Well, I think these are better, even though I have no basis to judge that opinion because I've never had the one's with pecan's, but mine are still better, because pecan's are expensive. Plus I think these are the perfect ratio of pretzel to rolo.
So let's do this. Preheat oven to 375ยบ, place pretzels on cookie sheet, place rolo on top of the pretzel, pop in the oven for 2-4 minutes. I check mine after 2 minutes. If they are shinning, try smashing on a pretzel. If it works you're good to go.
Final step, place them in something pretty! The only downfall to these is you will want to eat them all your self. Also, these went over great with someone who I think told me they didn't like pretzels or caramel. They are that good!

**********************************************************************************************************

Make sure to stop by and check out these other great DIYs.

Mia (Mossy Jojo)

Marieken (Always Wear Your Invisible Crown)

**********************************************************************************************************

21 comments:

  1. i love how you have it packaged! how cute!!
    pecans are way too expensive & these look way better! i have never had them, but honestly have to make them this Christmas! my husband LOVES rolos, so i'm gonna make these for him! thanks for the recipe! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Robyn! This is one of my favorite things to do for Tyler's team at work. Pecans are so expensive. The first time I went to make these I went to look at the pecans and was like nope, too expensive.

      Delete
    2. just had to tell you! we made these tonight when we got off work & oh my goodness!!! new favorite snack! :) thanks for sharing this!

      Delete
  2. ohhhhhh, yes please! how could i give this away tho?

    found you via the blog party and hope you'll stop by my site today! http://hellolovelyinc.blogspot.com/2013/12/merry-christmas-votre-vu-giveaway.html

    happy holidays, and smiles to you.

    michele

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So fun! So glad to be connecting! Totally, these are so hard not to eat. I wonder every year why I gave them all away.

      Delete
  3. My family loves this recipe! :)

    Thanks for joining the Link Up this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a win every time. Its as though no one can say no to them.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. They are ridiculously YUM, so much so that I can't stop eating them. It was hard to fill my jars because I kept eating them.

      Delete
  5. these look so cute and festive!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are deliciously good and such a crowd pleaser. I could basically make them for everything at Christmas time.

      Delete
  6. I've pinned your dessert! They look so yummy. I love chocolate-covered pretzels, and I loooove caramel. These sound just perfect. Oh, and mason jars are my new obsession this year. This is literally ME, in dessert form.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is adorable, you in dessert form. These are my favorite dessert and they are so good, like seriously!

      Delete
  7. What a great recipe Samantha! and it's so easy to make. So I'll definitely be making these ... for myself ha :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank Mia and thanks for the DIY challenge! They are so easy and so addicting!

      Delete
  8. Oh I love making these! Have you tried them with a pecan half squished on top? They're little mini turtles then! So good...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So good, right. The first time I went to make these, which was a couple years ago, I was going to make them with pecans, until I got to the store and found out how much they were. I decided on an alternative and I've done pretzels ever since.

      Delete
  9. Rolo's and Pretzels are on my grocery list for my next trip to the supermarket. Just like Mia, I think I will make these for myself :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are so good! I always eat so many for myself too! :)

      Delete
  10. Thank you so much for sharing at Show Me Your Plaid Monday's!! You were one of this weeks features!!!

    ReplyDelete

**I love reading all your sweet comments and love getting to know every single one of you. I do my best to respond to every comment and will do so via email. If you don't receive a response, you may be a no-reply blogger.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...